Supersym patent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone explain exactly what is covered? Looking at, for instance, the cover sheet of the patent, and collapsing R40 & associated parts into a single current sink, it wold seem to cover every single solid state diff amp ever made EVER.

For instance every single circuit in TI's SLOA064 and the like...

Since FET's & tubes & etc invert, any feedback in a diff amp would seem to be covered. (Since you will always have an input resistor, and a resistor from drain/gate or plate/grid on each device creating the two 'symmetrical' feedback paths, and the source/cathodes are coupled directly together in a diff amp creating the in-phase connection as if R40 was 0 ohms)

Should clarify, obviously many solid state diff amps have no feedback at all... but if you look at what is inside of a fully differential operational amplifier and then add the normal feedback resistors...

Or for instance a triode has an internal feedback mechanism due to space charge that limits the gain... if you put two triodes in a diff amp you have two symmetrical feedback paths and cathodes are coupled.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Rescue Toaster said:
Should clarify, obviously many solid state diff amps have no feedback at all... but if you look at what is inside of a fully differential operational amplifier and then add the normal feedback resistors...

Or for instance a triode has an internal feedback mechanism due to space charge that limits the gain... if you put two triodes in a diff amp you have two symmetrical feedback paths and cathodes are coupled.

every LTP is diff. pair .

but only when you add cross coupled (phase wise) feedback , you'll have SUSY .

what is obvious - the more OLG you have , the greater SUSY "effect"

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Of course it's not the diff pair, it's what you do with it.

With SUSY, the aim is to separate distortion from signal
at virtually grounded inputs and send the distortion over to
the other side for amplification in phase.

Zen Mod said:
the more OLG you have , the greater SUSY "effect"

Actually I believe I can come up with examples where the
open loop gain is quite low, but the cross-coupling of
error signal remains high.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nelson Pass said:

A tail is not required.

:worship:

solly Bwana :clown:

as "tail" I meant on any ( adequate ) kind of source of sink,or source or drain - in broader meaning , not as electrodes

sorta - proper prop is always better for clapper ........... especially when two hands are clapping ;)

look what you done ......... I'm thinkin' in blocks, puzzles ..........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.