Aleph 5 resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have noticed that different wattage values are promoted for the Aleph 5 1 Ohm and 0.47 Ohm resistors. I have seen 6 W and 10 W spesifications.

Problem with the 10 W resistors is size. Struggle to find good ones here in CT.

Is it OK if I use 6W ones? Most of the pics of finished pcbs show small (looks like 5W ones) resistors. Where can I find these (green color)?

Thanks,
Vossie

I'm sorry, I mixed up everything. Of course there is no need to use 12 W resistors in Aleph 2, and with regard to Aleph 30 which Peter Danie mentioned above I like to admit that I have been building it and I have no one workable at the moment. I will attach pictures in the near future when it is ready.
regards
Tom :)

Hey boys, we're talking Aleph 5, not 30 or 2 here. You can actually calculate the wattage (P=VII). As the Aleph 5 has 34 rail voltages as opposed to 25 of the 30 I did not bother to calculate and also not to consider they can be the same - just tried to take some advice wich seemed a bit too inconsistant. Have decided that the 3 Watters will be OK

Thanks for yer help,
Vossie

Oh, yes Peter, it's beautifull inside ...;)

Peter Daniel said:
No reason to go with 12W resistors, Mills 5W are enough and they are about the size of 3W Panasonic used by Pass Labs. Panasonics can be obtained from Digi-Key.

I thought you won that Aleph 30. Why don't you look inside?;)

Does the fact that the Panasonics are 5% Tolerance affect the sound at all? for instance a .47 Ohm 5% resistor can drop to .45R or surge to .4935R?

Where a 1% would only drift by .0047R, hardly noticeable.

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.