Capacitor Ground Plates - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2008, 08:44 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Capacitor Ground Plates

Hi,

I would like to source some of these plates as it would make things a bit neater inside the amps. Where can I get them from? For the last few years I don't seem to be able to track them down.

I've done a search through some threads, is there any that deals with this?

Any suggestion would be most welcome.

Regards

Brownlow
Old 10th January 2008, 02:33 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I am assuming that you mean the metal plates you see between big electrolytics, yes? I don't recall ever seeing such a thing sold anywhere. They're trivial to make. Decide on how you want your caps spaced, measure the distance between the terminals, then add at least a quarter to half inch (a centimeter will do nicely, if you prefer metric) and set that as the outside dimension. Draw an X from opposing corners to determine the center of the piece and drill a hole there for something like a 10-32 screw; that becomes your ground.
As for metal, I use some old .040" aluminum that I've got hanging around. That's about as thin as I'd go for a free-standing plate, as thinner metal will not be mechanically stable. Aluminum is good. Copper is good. Think scrap metal--you don't need anything fancy for this.

Grey
Old 10th January 2008, 02:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Grey,

Thank you for your reply. It just looked as though this could be purchased. Guess I did not give it that much thought to make it.

Great to hear from you BTW.

Cheers

Brownlow

Hide this!Advertise here!