sorry, no blue leds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is my AX prototype

salud! :drink:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 857
Power output? No idea.
Like Dexter says 'there is much to be doing'. The input resistors need to be changed they are 10K right now I want to go with 37K for starters. The highs don't have enough 'bite' with 10k. Mid and bass are amazing. Same behavior I observed on the bosoz. At this point I am convinced one has to be able to measure the different frequency response, it's just too dramatic an effect.

For source res. I am using 2 panasonic .47 3 w in parallel on one board and some other metal film that chad sent me on the other. Mills will take over those as soon as I get them.
I posted a pic of the board earlier on the aleph-x thread. The 0.33 10w on the pi filter need to be substituted by something better, get up to 150 C and they de-gas(stink), I didn't know ceramic had that much volatile binding agent. I don't what I will end up using, maybe thermistors, I don't like the idea of having to solder many components on the cu plates.
As one can see no coupling caps here, XLR driven from the BOSOZ.
the green stuff is some kind of g10

Grataku,

Finally you got it done. Looks really good! Now are you going to publish:
1. the part numbers (& vendors name) of all the components that you have installed on the board?
2. The capacitor values?
3. transformer size (& sec voltages)?

I know all this has been discussed to death on the other threads but .... in another word, I would like to built a prototype too that is exactly like yours ... except for the heatsink/chassis.

By the way, is it a pain in the neck to adjust the three VR? And most importantly, how does it sound?

Hey ststone - did you catch the Tori show the other night? She's
the best.

i'm up in Clearwater, and at the moment i'm building a BOSOZ
and a 5W SOZ. The SOZ is going to be done in monoblocks,
i'm working on assembling the chasis now. This is my first build
it from scratch project, so it's taking a while! I just finished
assembling the power supply of the BOSOZ tonight. I etched the
boards from the article and they're both stuffed. I'm just putting
them in some cheap alluminum chassis right now. I'm going to
use the BOSOZ to drive the SOZ using balanced inputs.

(hope i haven't crashed this thread!) ((pics when i get done!))

Projects like Grataku's are very inspiring! I hope what i build
turns out half as well

m.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.