recapping Threshold SL-10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I'm recapping my Threshold SL-10 and would like your opinion on a brand of capacitor to use. I know there are allot of good brands out there but would like to hear from anyone who likes the perticular sound of a capacitor. I read of a person who used black gates in his SL-10 and was happy. What about some of the other good sounding capacitors? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

threshold sl-10 RECAP

Our favorite caps of the moment are Kimber and Hovland.

:cool:

hello the one and only

im new to the forum but i bought a threshold sl-10 that i want to recap

it makes a hissing sound on the mc input,mm is still sounding ok
mc input is good for 10 minutes then the bad sound starts,must be bad caps or what?

found this list

Threshold SL-10 Capacitor List

Power Supply: Voltage Quantity

470uf 50v 9
47uf 50v 9

Phono Stage:

470uf 50v 2
220uf 50v 2
47uf 50v 8
4.7uf 50v 2

where is what going on the board?

soldering is no problem just figuring out where all caps are placed,ok

would be great if i could get the help here,THANKS

Joined 2002
Paid Member
SL-10

If you search through the forum you'll find quite a few messages about the SL10. Here are the schematics that others have posted. They are quite helpful in determining how to recap an SL10. In mine, I used a combination of Blackgate caps and some Nichicon bipolar caps. I described my experience here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/162305-restoring-threshold-sl10.html

Attachments

• threshold_sl_100022.jpg
    threshold_sl_100022.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 296
  • SL10+SC.jpg
    SL10+SC.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 292
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.