Another Aleph2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is some pictures of my really hand-made stereo Aleph2.
I made everyting by my self, cutting,drilling...but it was worth every hour. The amp is made of alu. and the weight is around 83kg. 62kg is used for cooling, and still it goes really hot! The coolingparts are made of 3mm alu. Voltage is around 55volt and the capasistorbank is 0,4F.
The sound is really great!:)

Attachments

• bild 7.jpg
    bild 7.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 998
Hi wuffwaff!

I don´t know about the bias, it was so long time I mesured it, but the temperature on the inner fins is about 65Deg. Celsius.
About spraying the fins, so if you spray them with for ex. black paint, then you insulate the fins, and then it would go much warmer, so the best thing to do is to make them "blackoxide".
I don´t know what that is on english, but you might know what i´m talking about.
Reg. Anders:)

How are the plates connected to each other?I think I see pipes or something perpendicular.I don't know how efficient the coupling between plates is so as maximise heat transfer.I think parallel 10mm bars between plates would be better with more surface area.It seems that paralleling plates would trap heat in the space between them.
But , hey, as long as it is cool enough and you can hear your your music who cares? That's "cool" for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.