Aleph5 caps for power suply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all.
I am very new to electronics and have questions about what caps to use for the PSU on an Aleph 5 that I'm planning to build.
I've been doing a bit of reading on this subject and I think that I am more confused that when I began!
Could anyone post advice and souces (url's) for these caps?
Thanks

I am new also but from what i have learnt so far you need to be aware that you will get approx 34volts DC (based on Aleph 5 service manual) & so voltage rating on the caps should be at least 15% above this. Capacitors have limited shelf life e.g.10-20 years so if buying surplus try & check when manufactured.
You require a minimum total capacitance of 100,000uf but this can be made up of a combination of for example 4*25,000uf or 10*10,000uf.
I believe you need to look for 'computer grade' capacitors.
Phyisical size does not affect performance as far as I know.
I recently bought 24*15,000uf at 65volts 'Macintosh' to build a pair of Aleph 2 monoblocks from www.brigarelectronics.com in the U.S.. Havent tried them yet but got the link from someone else in forum . This site also had some bigger capacitance in 50volt if their size suits your design better. Search forum for PSU postings for further info their is plenty of it.
Hope this helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.