Threshold FET/10 He Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have sent him an email to get the info he has if he accepts to share it.

The "diagram" he posted in this topic
here

is only a low resolution PCB, but I have not found a complete schematic : and I am looking for the schematics with the components values and types, as I plan to replace some of them to improve it...

If any of you knows a source for the complete Service Manual...

Thanks a lot,

To date, I have not succeeded in getting this Service Manual:

-I have e-mailed almost all the websites supplying service manuals: none of them has it
-I have posted a lot of messages in various high-end audio forums, but no success
-I have sent a request to Threshold Audio Inc: no response yet (but I sent the mail just yesterday), but they will probably reply "ask to an official Threshold service office"....: not convenient for us.
-I have send 3 requests to Jon Soderberg from which I got other Service manuals in the past (he is a very nice person and his service manuals are excellent), but he has not replied to my mails: maybe he is on vacation.

it looks like if nobody has this "bloody" document ...

Any suggestion is welcome !

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nounours18200 said:
To date, I have not succeeded in getting this Service Manual:

-I have e-mailed almost all the websites supplying service manuals: none of them has it
-I have posted a lot of messages in various high-end audio forums, but no success
-I have sent a request to Threshold Audio Inc: no response yet (but I sent the mail just yesterday), but they will probably reply "ask to an official Threshold service office"....: not convenient for us.
-I have send 3 requests to Jon Soderberg from which I got other Service manuals in the past (he is a very nice person and his service manuals are excellent), but he has not replied to my mails: maybe he is on vacation.

it looks like if nobody has this "bloody" document ...

Any suggestion is welcome !

well - if you send me one FET/10 , I'll back - engineer it ,and write service manual .

and I'll send you Fet/10 back ................ :rofl:

maybe you can ask some of your country man DiyA fellows to help you in back engineering .....

for start - you can make few ( as much you cant) pics of it and post them here ;

you can even mail big ones to me - I can shrink them , in case that you can't .

PCB

I'm going to re-engineer it soon !
Very surprise with servo control and parallel differential stage !

There's no coupling cap and used +/- 18V REG

Thanks
Anadigit

Attachments

• img_6573.jpg
    img_6573.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 916
I have the full and official Threshold FET-10 He diagram: 7 pages that (high-resolution).

I send this full Diagram to Anadigit and ZenMod to help them in their work: I also study an upgrade for my FET-10, so I am very interested in sharing your ideas, particularly regarding parts replacement.

I hope we will design a "state of the art" upgrade for this grand father preamp: be aware that mine is far better than 99% of the current preamps actually still in production! With my SA/6e class A monoblocs, this preamp is a killer ...

Nounours:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.