diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Threshold FET/10 He Service Manual (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/113706-threshold-fet-10-he-service-manual.html)

Nounours18200 15th December 2007 08:43 PM

Threshold FET/10 He Service Manual

Hi friends,

I am looking for the Threshold FET-10 preamplifier Service Manual: does any of you own this document ?

My email address is : nounours18200 (at) free (dot) fr

Thank you very much for your help

analog_sa 15th December 2007 08:50 PM

Analog Guy once posted a schematic without component values. It is more than sufficient if you need it for repair.

Nounours18200 16th December 2007 11:59 AM

I have sent him an email to get the info he has if he accepts to share it.

The "diagram" he posted in this topic
here

is only a low resolution PCB, but I have not found a complete schematic : and I am looking for the schematics with the components values and types, as I plan to replace some of them to improve it...

If any of you knows a source for the complete Service Manual...

Thanks a lot,

marginwalker 23rd December 2007 06:07 PM

I'm very interested too!

I got a original Threshold Fet nine, it sounds very well and i'd like to give a chanche to a diy Fet-10 too ;)

Nounours18200 23rd December 2007 10:48 PM

To date, I have not succeeded in getting this Service Manual:

-I have e-mailed almost all the websites supplying service manuals: none of them has it
-I have posted a lot of messages in various high-end audio forums, but no success
-I have sent a request to Threshold Audio Inc: no response yet (but I sent the mail just yesterday), but they will probably reply "ask to an official Threshold service office"....: not convenient for us.
-I have send 3 requests to Jon Soderberg from which I got other Service manuals in the past (he is a very nice person and his service manuals are excellent), but he has not replied to my mails: maybe he is on vacation.

it looks like if nobody has this "bloody" document ...

Any suggestion is welcome !

Zen Mod 23rd December 2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nounours18200
To date, I have not succeeded in getting this Service Manual:

-I have e-mailed almost all the websites supplying service manuals: none of them has it
-I have posted a lot of messages in various high-end audio forums, but no success
-I have sent a request to Threshold Audio Inc: no response yet (but I sent the mail just yesterday), but they will probably reply "ask to an official Threshold service office"....: not convenient for us.
-I have send 3 requests to Jon Soderberg from which I got other Service manuals in the past (he is a very nice person and his service manuals are excellent), but he has not replied to my mails: maybe he is on vacation.

it looks like if nobody has this "bloody" document ...

Any suggestion is welcome !

well - if you send me one FET/10 , I'll back - engineer it ,and write service manual .

and I'll send you Fet/10 back ................ :rofl:

maybe you can ask some of your country man DiyA fellows to help you in back engineering .....

for start - you can make few ( as much you cant) pics of it and post them here ;

you can even mail big ones to me - I can shrink them , in case that you can't .

analog_sa 24th December 2007 06:36 AM

Yup. I'm with Choky. Reverse engineering a simple device like this is trivial, fast and easy. And not nearly as humiliating as begging for a freebie :)

The circuit is available - just read the component values from your unit.

Nounours18200 24th December 2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

for start - you can make few ( as much you cant) pics of it and post them here ;
OK ! As soon as I am back to home after new year, I will take a lot of pics that I will post here (I had already planned to take pics for myself) so that we can work on this together).

Thanks to all, and happy christmas !
N.

ANADIGIT 23rd May 2009 06:23 PM

FET 10/HE

I just bought FET 10/HE from ebay !
Has anyone interest ?

I can clone it very easy !

Thanks
Anadigit

marginwalker 24th May 2009 12:18 AM

:Popworm: It would be great!