aleph30 dc offset

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again!
Well, I put some new matched 9610s in it and now both channels give around 25mv offset, i think its enough.

But there is another point. When I turn the amp off, dc is getting back to around 3V, when I put it on again its loading in a about 5 seconds from 3V to 25mv. I wonder, does it harm my magnetostatic speakers? Does anybody now? I never measured this before. grtz Teake

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
intense-tavda said:
Hi again!
Well, I put some new matched 9610s in it and now both channels give around 25mv offset, i think its enough.

But there is another point. When I turn the amp off, dc is getting back to around 3V, when I put it on again its loading in a about 5 seconds from 3V to 25mv. I wonder, does it harm my magnetostatic speakers? Does anybody now? I never measured this before. grtz Teake

it's pretty normal behavior for Aleph ;

I don't care too much about that , just because I always mount speaker protection in amps , along with anti-klik function .

there is no free lunch ;

just think about fact that many Alephs are used with pretty fragile Lowthers , without any delay etc

Hi Choky! Measuring output offset with multimeter. It gets from off, around 3 volt dc to when I put it on -500mv to 25mv in two hours, right channel, and 3Vdc to -700 to -5mv on the left channel. Its playng now, and how but with anything connected I am getting 60mVdc on right and 25mVdc on left. I am only using the aleph 30 for the mid and highs from 7000hz to 24khz. I tried several times to remove Q1, Q2 and Q3 but only the left channel went better. I will let it play one night and then see what it gets. Grtz Teake.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
intense-tavda said:
No. as long as it does not influence the sound, I'm oke with it, is this a possibility? And how high is the number of the cap? I got my crossover for low/mid on 250hz and the mid/high on 7000hz. Thanks for the answer allready Choky, Teake.

now ya teasing me ...............

do you already have passive xover between amp and high/mid drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.