Speaker for an Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I’m looking for suitable drivers (DIY speaker) to be used with Aleph amplifier. Currently I’m using Vifa D27TG and P17WJ (88dB).

If I’m not mistaken, the Zen1 was designed for 94dB+ and the Zen4 was for 92dB+. I don’t know with Aleph, but they must be more or less in the same category.

Anyone knows suitable drivers for the Aleph? Preferably from Seas product lines, or Scan-Speak. I choose those brands simply because I think I can find those drivers more easily.

And how about ready built speakers? Which one do you think will be a good upgrade? (I don’t want the expensive one, but I want a real upgrade). Preferably Klipsch, JMLabs, or KEF (No, in fact any brand will do as long as it is locally available)

The last one, how about full range like Lowther (104dB)? If I bought this driver, don’t you think that I will leave the Aleph and go to SOZ?

Look, I’m just trying hard to utilize the VIFA (on the corridor of the single ended MOSFET design). Or just want to workout the Aleph, which is said to be the best solid state design available, which has not been proven true in my system configuration.:bawling:

Thanks

Thank’s for the info.

The website is in the Nordic area (I don’t know where it is) and using non-english, so I searched for “thor speaker” in google, and found a TL (Transmission Line) speaker. Unfortunately I don’t want to get involved with wood working exercise.:nod:

But the drivers used in the THOR reminded me with the FROY. This is the one I wanted to build before I accidentally bought the Vifa. The Excel drivers are rated for 86.5dB and 88dB for the tweeter. Not the specs I have been looking for. The drivers are also a lot more expensive than the Lowther, creating a big question as of whether it will give the performance I’m looking for.

For me, 5 Watts is more than enough. But the vocal must be sweet (like in tubes; the P17WJ is the worst), and the speaker must be capable of exposing any single weak signal with great dynamics, especially in the low end (where I have never achieved with tube designs)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.