Aleph2 Power Supply Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
sorry that im kinda blur about the power supply design
so could you guys please help answer my questions?
Looking at the power supply design below

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

1) Will it affect the amp in anyway if i were to use a 1000VA transformer with 40-0-40v ?

2) If i were to use other values of capacitors for the powersupply do i need to change certain values in the circuit as shown above ?
for example if i were to use 8 x 27000uF elna caps
do i need to look for a larger cap or even add more caps to the circuit since its stated 47000uF (more capacitance than the elna caps).

thanks guys! i need it

:)

PSU

Generally, the bigger the transformer, the lower the internal resistance and usually result in better bass(in my opinion). However, care should be taken in placement as bigger xformer have stronger magnetic field. As for caps, 8 X 27000 mfd is very respectable and should be adequate for most applications but the final sound will very much depend on the quality of the caps eg. esr, ripple current etc.

ckt:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.