Aleph J Schematic

Do you have the bypass cap on the feedback network? It is c5 in this picture. Try increasing that. Beyond that, my only guess is the input Jfets.

Attachments

• AlephJschematic.gif
    AlephJschematic.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 366
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
1.never twist GDS (ECB) wires for any output
2.keep them shortest you can
3.include gate res ditto on gate pin
4.be sure that your parts are genuine ; if you doubt - testing routine out of circ is simple
5.if one channel is working - swapping parts ( take care to label them , to not mix if they're matched ) between channels isn't most insane idea in last 10 years
6.if your head is boiling - leave it for few days ; ride a bike , drink wine , communicate with children or even wife

;)

Attachments

• oscillation detector.GIF
    oscillation detector.GIF
    2.5 KB · Views: 335
  • matching.JPG
    matching.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 341
Joined 2007
Paid Member
As I prepare to start the testing on my plain vanilla A-J, I have a couple of questions.

1, Is there a best target temperature for the heatsinks? ...perhaps one at which the IRFP240s sound best? [I will be able to adjust heat sink airflow and will have a front panel temp readout]

2, To get up and running without alot of fuss, is it advisable to install any trimmers rather than all fixed resistors? If yes, where? [I measured all the resistors and they are all extremely close to spec, but this is my first class A project. I don't really know what to expect when I crank up the variac!]

TiA!