Aleph J Schematic

yes, they are Icar.From what GE comes?
I choose rifa`s because they have very long life(60000h @ 85C), high ripple curent, very low ESR and the price is acceptable(~15euro/piece, farnel delayed a little bit the order and for this they offered me a discount)
yesterday morning my other amp(toshiba sc330) died.I used with him a tube pre(6h8c+6h9c).all the time when I was starting the hv power supply of the pre a noise was taking the amp vumetters at ~20Wpc(volume control was at maximum all the time on amp side because I use the pot from the pre) and yesterday the power transistors on one channel didn`t take it no more and blew away(on one channel I have originals on the other that blew away I have BD equivalents, I received the amp like this).
now I wonder are there any chances that this will happen with aleph too?(this time I am planning to start the amps after the pre)
does it worth it to use a speaker dc protection & delay?
forgot to mention that the pre is capacitor coupled with the amp

ps with the speakers didn`t happen nothing cause on the amp i have a switch to couple them and that one is the last I am switching ON

Last edited:
Always turn power amp on last. It prevents any nasties from getting through when turning on other small signal stuff. Small to large at turn on and opposite for power down. Sounds like pre has some nasty DC at turn on. Doesnt make sense that it is capacitively coupled ic its turn on affected power amp. AJ will be fine, especially if you have speaker with crossover.

I use the second schematic

Attachments

• frank-6sn7-linestages.gif
    frank-6sn7-linestages.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 233