Aleph J Schematic

ok...so i`ll start over again

untill now I am very pleased with my amps.the only mood(if I can call it this way) I had done to them is increasing the bias @ 1.6A/fet.
now I have other moods in mind, moods discussed around here in the past.
the first one is to put caps(6.8-8.2nF for my trafos) on each secondary windings to eliminate ringing as ZM suggested to me a long time ago.
found on ebay some nice teflon caps at these values teflon capacitor 6800 | eBay or I could use these BFC233820682 - VISHAY BC COMPONENTS - CAPACITOR, CLASS X2, 6.8NF, 310VAC | Farnell Italia which I allready have in my basket for the next order.does it worth going for teflon?
second mood I am thinking of is replacing LTP`s bjt ccs with an 2sk170 ccs.
I have at hand two schematics from Clone Monster but don`t know which of them to use.
As a third mood I am thinking to implement a pot in the ltp`s jfet ccs so I could adjust the offset, and to use another pot in place of R27 for bias adjustment as talked earlier
For the fourth and the last mood I would like to bypass C2, C3 and C4(if it will remain there after ccs mood).Any suggested values/types?

Attachments

• Clone Monster bettered142.jpg
    Clone Monster bettered142.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 322
  • Clone Monster II141.jpg
    Clone Monster II141.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 312
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
huh?

C2 , C3 , C4 ?

I know I'm blind , but that much .... ?

or I'm just in mood for blindness ?

:rofl:

- CCS is CCS ; make it settable , if you want , but it's irrelevant is it made of Jfets , Mosfets or BJTs or mixed , as long it's good enough ; Clone Monster achieved something with changing current through LTP , thus THD spectra ( varying drive capability of LTP itself) , but that's hardly connected with type of semis in CCS

disregarding different tempco of various CCS topologies (think offset) , once when amp is properly heated , no diff between various CCS-es

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
feel free to try

for that geld it must be good :rofl:

however - been there , tried that

Silmic+MKC is all ya need ( even Black Gate preputium powder caps aren't my cup there , without MKC ...... same as Russian PIO , Teflon , motor -run , Cerafine ; with MKC as bypass , they're all same drek )

NB - 6V3 cap is pretty much all you need there of voltage