Aleph J Schematic

Just reading back.

I don't agree that the current through the signal fets decreases with the decrease in Aleph current, they just pull more current through the speakers.

As long as the current into the speaker is the algebric sum of the upper and lower halves currents, Flags is right.
The aleph current source diminushes its current to help the lower half, asking it less current for the same result into the speaker.
Otherwise, we were in the case of a regular single ended amplifier.

On the way, i think 1A bias per leg should be sufficient.
1.3A shoud be right in the case of constant current source.
Though, i never saw the service manual...

36°c above ambient is too much.
What about summer time?

Well 60 deg C is the hottest spot on the heatsink. On the outsides the temperature is around 45 deg C. I dont worry to much about it. I use Peter Daniel's PCB and the mosfets are mounted pretty tight in the middle of the heatsink...

I did build it according to the original schematic from Nelson P but can't remeber what bias I ended up with.. I'll check tonight. it's been running 5-6 month now..

I remeber a few using these heatsinks to build Aleph 3/30 a few years ago...

As long as the current into the speaker is the algebric sum of the upper and lower halves currents, Flags is right.
The aleph current source diminushes its current to help the lower half, asking it less current for the same result into the speaker.
Otherwise, we were in the case of a regular single ended amplifier.

On the way, i think 1A bias per leg should be sufficient.
1.3A shoud be right in the case of constant current source.
Though, i never saw the service manual...

In an Aleph J the current through the speaker will never equal the algebraic sum, the bias must be subtracted. And because it is dynamically biased, the bias is constantly changing.

Well 60 deg C is the hottest spot on the heatsink. On the outsides the temperature is around 45 deg C. I dont worry to much about it. I use Peter Daniel's PCB and the mosfets are mounted pretty tight in the middle of the heatsink...

I did build it according to the original schematic from Nelson P but can't remeber what bias I ended up with.. I'll check tonight. it's been running 5-6 month now..

I remeber a few using these heatsinks to build Aleph 3/30 a few years ago...

I will use PD boards but think to place FETs at row on center at MF35-151.5
I have F5 which Is Push Pull and FETs In pair run at same current
I like to know Is It same with AlephJ which Is different
also how can I set bias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fuss
In an Aleph J the current through the speaker will never equal the algebraic sum, the bias must be subtracted. And because it is dynamically biased, the bias is constantly changing.

Originally Posted by Bobodioulasso
The difference is vanishing?

I think this is somewhat off thread and belongs in the "Favorite Threads and Posts in "Pass Labs"" thread ;) Or??? :D
Who's Poor Mr. Kirchhoff Anyway? Aaarghh!

Last edited:
That reminds me of something. This is as good a place as any. Been reading some posts lately from a long time (DIY Time) ago. Who P#$%^d off GRollins? I just thought he'd be back next week, maybe next week, but he didn't come back? You can read his stuff on a few other sites, I'm sure you know, but, It's about time he showed his face(maybe that should be A$%^) here again...
Hi Grey :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yeah - good old Mr. Insomnia Ego GR ....

in any case - (that's) not worse than any of us , with incredible talent for helping other ppl

he got pi$$ed in pi$$ing contest Thread of Threads - Blowtorch Amongst Earthlings Again

who pi$$ed him - I mean it's thread itself ....... that thing is alive ..... like Anaconda

:rofl:

it's time for him to be back ...... long ago .