Aleph J Schematic

My boards are here!

Here is my implementation of the Aleph J.

These are set up for the 2sj109's.

The artwork is mostly just a cut and paste of Holger’s wonderful work.

I relocated and resized the footprints for the electrolytic caps so that I could fit Elna Silmic IIs. Also I placed the snubber caps as close to their mates as possible.

As for Input/Output I added space for terminal blocks. I realize the use of 2 position terminal blocks for one node is a bit clumsy, but it is an easy, mechanically stable solution.

Go to http://www.rainmakerconsulting.biz/moJO.jpg for a higher resolution picture.

Dave

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This my prototype base on HBarske .

Attachments

• masterat02.jpg
    masterat02.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,374
I've finished making Aleph J. I want to thank Mr. Pass for his wonderful design. The amp sounds really good.

I checked the DC offset of both channels and they come to 0.072 and 0.046 when warm (hot actually). What are the acceptable DC offset figures and is there anything I can do to improve these figures?

Wachara C.

Great claas-A designed

I also finished Aleph J !

Superb sound and great for drive variuos speaker ( I used Spica TC50 and Mission 782 SE)

Ask to Mr.Nelson, Could I use F5 to compare with Aleph J in 3 ways floor standing ?

Thanks
Rubydac

Attachments

• aleph j.jpg
    aleph j.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,096
1uF or 2.2uF ?

I used Aleph J in unbalanced mode with 2.2uF for feedback bypass capacitor, my question is if I use original value (1uF) what's result of this change ?

I tested with 2A3 (RCA NOS) SE, I loved J very much but I need more tickness sound from J how do I do ?

Thanks
Rubydac

Attachments

• 2.2 or 1.jpg
    2.2 or 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,445
I meant about vocal

My thickness topic is a strong voice of vocal when a singer sing a jazz song (don't bring me flower : best of women voice IV), 2A3 make it easy but J (little) hard to join with this song but for other songs I used J in full power full purpose easy easy !

I use 100KA passive volume for my Aleph J, or I have to use preamp !?!

Thanks
Rubydac

Has anyone checked the voltage across the sourse resisters?

On my Aleph J I get aound 540 mv

I am using K6-104 — BERGQUIST Thermal resistance:0.3°C/W insulation washers ..I could not source mica anymore.

Heatsinks Conrad MF30-2F-151.5 0.25 thermal resisters
The fets are :redhot: to touch.

I have not measured it yet but I calculate junction temperature at about 78c

Ian