Little help needed on Aleph P1.7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2007, 07:26 PM   #1
culture is offline culture  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Little help needed on Aleph P1.7

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of building my pass system. So far I build my pearl pre, my first project. I bought the kit from Prometheus and thatís running now, it only needs a chassis My f4 is also coming together, same story here, I need to make a chassis out of the heat sinks, add the fets to the boards and connect the lot.. Now I only need something to drive it and thatís where the P1.7 comes in.

This project is also coming together; I almost finished building the input and volume control I bought from dantimax. I have all the parts and ordered the pcbs from Veteran. Unfortunately the pcbs seem too got lost in the mail and somehow Veteran seems hard to reach. Since I have all the parts already (even double, my brother "is building" it too) I really want to build this pre. So what I decided is I have to design my own board to get this project moving again, something that shouldn't be too hard because I just use the pictures of his board as a reverence. The thing is I never designed a PCB so I have to figure out how to turn a schematic and picture on a website into a pcb.. no problem. What I did so far is I downloaded Diptrace freeware, seems good enough for this project and added the circuit. Now Iím at the point of turning it into a PCB layout and Iím wondering if there are people interesting in joining this project so we might turn it into something useful for other people too and make a nice PCB

Anyways, I attached the DipTrace schematic file, the schematic is correct as far as I know though I didn't check it thoroughly. The used pattern are definitely wrong, have to find out which patterns to use with the parts I bought. If someone has any suggestions or comments or tips, I'd really like to know

And if I'm completely on the wrong track I'd like to know that too

Cheers,

C.
Attached Files
File Type: zip p1.7 schematic.zip (10.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 1st November 2007, 07:31 PM   #2
culture is offline culture  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

And a picture of my collection of almost finished PCBs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg project.jpg (81.7 KB, 338 views)
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Culture,

Which boards are missing?

looks on the picture you got all the boards you need.

When they are Veterans and you get stuck, I have some spares lying around. When you need some, give me a PM.

I just build my P1.7 with Dantimax boards.
Remember to use a 2K resister ladder!

Greetings,
Harry

Hide this!Advertise here!