DC-Offset from Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am wondering if there will be any problem with the Pass X250.5 if the balanced inputs are presented with differential dc-offsets (-150 mv to -500mV, and +150 mV to +500 mV)?

I am running a BAT VK5i preamp and i just measured these dc-offsets. The +/- 150 mV is not horible, but the +/- 500 mV (right channel) seems excessively high.

Under normal conditons running a siganl and listening moderate things sound excellent. When i engage the mute feature I get a big POP and more so from the right speaker.

The BAT's output is AC coupled where each phase has a series 1 uF oil non-polar capacitor..perhaps the non-polar isn't exacty so and is becoming polarized (leaky?) and building up a constant bias...

anyway I will have the preamp looked at but is there any dire result from continuing to operate under such condtions?

Is the Pass dc coupled at the input?

Thanks
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.