Zen V4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, I hope this one does not self destruct into a bunch of flames :bigeyes:. Maybe I bake it under vacuum before I throw it away. Afterall it gave me some trouble adjusting the secondary voltages from it - I had to unwind a couple of turns from the secondary and then put all that plastic tape back in a nice manner.

Hi!

Me again - now I'm fresh-minded ...

Hmm - about those capacitors on AC side - I guess they are polarized ones - so - how to use them - a have in mind that when 2 polarized are connected witj same polarity - than they represent non-polarized one ... Am I right or wrong??

I think it's the following:
1) N.P. loves amplifier design, and finds it very rewarding to see others get involved in something he takes such pleasure from.
2) He's a hell of a nice guy.
3) Some day many of us may decide that it's better not to spend hundreds of dollars to save hundreds of dollars (or we simply decide to pursue other interests with our time). Instead we may be making hundreds of dollars per hour and be happy to spend thousands of earned dollars buying from a manufacturer. Who's equipment will we favor?
4) We may be quite willing to recommend products of Pass Labs to our acquaintences who seek our advice about audio equipment.
and, 5) He's a hell of a nice guy!:nod:

I don't mean to speak for him, but this is what I've taken from several discussions here together with a short meeting with him in person.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This is one of those nice junctures where there is a lot of win/win. In no particular order:

1) I get to pay forward for the help others have given me.

2) It adds credibility to my commercial efforts.

3) It stimulates interest in high end audio which eventually stimulates the market for my products.

4) I'm an artist. I want my work to be appreciated.

5) I get to gauge response to ideas, giving me a better picture of what will be successful in the marketplace

6) I get to correspond with and be stimulated by people with the same interests, many of whom help me one way or another.

7) Like you said, I'm a hell of a nice guy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.