"MY" Aleph-X finished

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First Of All
Thank you to Mr. Pass, Mr. Rollins and my Friend Paolo that introduce me to this wonderful forum ..I would say thanks too all people that “work” for this website.

Ok. After 1.5 year at the end I finished my two monoblocks Aleph-X (80Watt).
I used a CLCLC (40mF-2mH- 50mF-2mF-90mF) per rail with a 21.5V (20mV p-p ripple).
The PCB are from Caromondimonio. I used 12 matched mosfet (irfp240) for monoblock, in total I select 24 mosfet from a stock of 75.
I used 4k75 for the McMillan Resistor, and I have a Differential and Absolute off-set of 10-20mV after 1 hour.
And now same photo…

P.S:Sorry for my English

Paolo

Attachments

• foto1.jpg
    foto1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,877
Thanks Hugo,
about the temperature here you can see the temperature vs time.
The rail voltage is +- 21.5 and I set the voltage on the source resistor (R=0.49) at 0.54V so the total current flowing (from positive rail to negative rail) is 6.7 A, for a total dissipation of 290W (+ dissipation on the bridge).
Each monoblock is 60 kg.

Paolo

Attachments

• tvs time.pdf
    26.6 KB · Views: 305
I had sane free hole in my heat-sink so I used one hole that just fit the probe of a thermocouple thermometer, connected to a datalogger that acquire the data every minutes.

Just for reference I attach the data of the measures about Vgs for the selection of the 12x2 mosfet, from the stock of 75 parts.

Paolo

Attachments

• irfp240 selection.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 250
Go Paolo...............
I had the luck and pleasure to listen to that amp.
GORGEOUS is the only proper word.
Moreover Sinuko is a nice and brilliant friend.
Sinuko, Now It's time to think to the next project:
The personal power plant to supply the aleph X!

Ciao Paolo e complimenti ancora.
L'altro Paolo

PS You did not tell me nothing of the data logger stuff etc. . You crazy!

yes i quote....is a very nice person...very kind!

Good job with your Aleph..

Finally, if you've seen on the middle of one thread a board that claims to be the Aleph P 1.7 ...yep... it's mine....finally made it.....haven't tested it 'cause the time is an enemy ....grrr....

Anyways as i said ...a loooonnngg time ago (sorry haven't forgotten..) as soon as the board will be tested i'll send you one!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.