UGS Power : it's U.P.

A "mini-UP"?

Hi. I built a pair of 100W Aleph-X monoblocks several years ago. And while they still work great, i've come to the realization that I don't need that much power. So I came up with the idea of breaking apart my monoblocks into some smaller amps and creating my own homebrew surround setup.

I remembered when I first built my aleph-x monos that grey's original design used 4 output devices to get 35 or so class-a watts into 4 ohms as long as your heatsinks could keep up and you didn't mind pushing your output mosfets to the brink.

I came across this thread and thought I might try this with the U.P. design. My heatsinks are capable, but I'd rather not have to worry about burning up output mosfets, so my goal is a 25 class-a watts into a 4-ohm load using 4 output devices with the U.P topology.

My problem is I don't really have the know how to calculate the appropriate idle current/source resistors/bias voltage for the ouput stage. And will there need to be any modification to the ugs to achieve this result?

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• gerber.jpg
    gerber.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 683
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
.... and I `ll report you!

please .... don't report me !!!!

:spin:

Did you build this UGS thing?

you are asking almost official Papa's orphan (OK - just mentally :devily: ) did he build something from Papa ?

sometimes I feel like I'm not able to leave that devil's circle ...... ant think outside of it :rofl:

luckily there are two things to help me - da Toobz , and that I'm too wakoo to keep any prototype in use longer than 1 month .......

Joined 2009
Paid Member
please .... don't report me !!!!

:spin:

you are asking almost official Papa's orphan (OK - just mentally :devily: ) did he build something from Papa ?

sometimes I feel like I'm not able to leave that devil's circle ...... ant think outside of it :rofl:

luckily there are two things to help me - da Toobz , and that I'm too wakoo to keep any prototype in use longer than 1 month .......

Danke Zen Mod,

Ich habe sehr gelacht und werde Dir nur meinen Tod berichten!