My Zen-Light

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jaac,

Sorry for the delay...busy with work. The unit is not balanced.

The light bulbs came from my Lowe's home improvement store. It is a large group of stores here in the U.S. I did do quite a bit of research on the bulbs, mainly for the look I wanted. Lowes happen to have the bulbs that I liked. I did find plenty of websites with a huge selection of bulbs...I based my off of size, filament style and base configuration.

Thanks,

Dave

Oke i simply ordered my lamps over by you guys in the U.S. I don't want to spend to much money on this project so it takes some time but i have almost all parts now. Last week i received some nice 8,2mH chokes. more news later on !

my last question,... how does it sound ?? or must i finish my zen very quick and judge for myself ?

Hi Meanman 1964,

I repair medical equipment for a living and I always scavenge parts; transformers, heatsinks, inductors, big value caps...most of the items we dispose are not worth much, but sometimes you find a few things. The transformers are scavenged and the output is 35Vac which I then rectify and regulate to 36Vdc.

My schematic is a slightly modified Zen Version 4 with lightbulbs. Check out the info on Neslon's site and I'm sure you will be able to build to your liking.

The big bulbs are Sylvania 300 Watts and the smaller bulbs are Sylvania 150 Watts.

The sound is great and it seems to soft compress like tubes when you try to max out the amplifier. I have a pair of Magneplanars and the amp barely drives them. I also have a pair of Tannoys and the amp works great with them.

Good Luck,

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.