aleph 1.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, I built the Aleph 1.2's back in 2000 and they have been very reliable driving any type of speaker--even Maggie 3.6's. They are now driving my Watkins WE-1's which are supposed to be 8 ohm speakers but need a lot of current for their accoustic suspension bass - 2-8" woofers and 1-8" sub. I also used them with Mirage OM-5's and they did really well with them since the MIrages have a built in powered sub. I am converting them to XA100's for a bi-amp line array that I constructed. I am using the Pass/Tharagard A-75 amp to dirve my Watkins now and the difference is that The A-75 has a touch more bass impact but it is hard for me to hear anyother differences. You will like the Aleph's especially if your speaker has a treble rise. good luck, dave

aleph 1.2's

The A75 is a class A design that apperared in AudioXpress in 1992/1993 and was authored by NP and Norm Tharagard. You can buy the boards from Audoxpress by going to their website.
This was a great design using mosfets from start to finish and has a regulated driver board. This amp design was published during the same time frame that the Aleph design was commercially produced by NP. It is a rugged and reliable amp that can drive anything. You might want to look up the articles on the web site.

If i recall correctly, Nelson has told once that the AX (the Class A version of the Aleph X) was very close to the original factory design, correct?

Anyways....has anybody here ever had the opportunity to compare the "forum version" with the factory release?

Is so, would it be possible to share the listening impressions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.