Smoking HOT X-BoSoZ HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
anatech said:
Hi Jason,
Well, there you go. Some experts on this design have weighed in. So, did you match those transistors? If so, how close did you get them?

-Chris

However much I hate the idea of not matching the fet's for a diff. pair, the fat is that it's not needed for this design.

I once tried just for kicks to mount two seriously mismatched fet's in a standard BOSOZ, it made no real difference.

Don't get me wrong, I still match my fets, nut I know that it's a matter of semantics, not actual need ;angel:

.....and it's naturally also a product of the fact that just about all my stock is matched anyway :cool:

Magura :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Magura said:

However much I hate the idea of not matching the fet's for a diff. pair, the fat is that it's not needed for this design.

I once tried just for kicks to mount two seriously mismatched fet's in a standard BOSOZ, it made no real difference.

Don't get me wrong, I still match my fets, nut I know that it's a matter of semantics, not actual need ;angel:

.....and it's naturally also a product of the fact that just about all my stock is matched anyway :cool:

:bs:

:rofl: :clown: :rofl:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Magura,
Well, you know I generally match transistors in certain locations whether they need it or not. I generally find improvements when I do and it only costs time when you buy a number of devices.

Like I said earlier, I'm not familiar with this design, but I may build one later on. I am becoming more curious about it.

-Chris

anatech said:
Hi Magura,
Well, you know I generally match transistors in certain locations whether they need it or not. I generally find improvements when I do and it only costs time when you buy a number of devices.

-Chris

When I buy a bunch of active devices, I take an afternoon out of the calendar, and match the whole thing. This way it doesn't take too long to do, and there are very few devices that don't have at least one match, mostly they match ind quads and more.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Magura said:

Now let us hear it, have you actually managed to find fet's adequately mismatched to make a BOSOZ not work? If so I'm all ears, cause I usually tell people not to worry about matching for the BOSOZ.

well - I didn't made any of these , except dreky one for Igor .........trying to save what can be saved from "othert one KoKy's" work

mismatched fets ....... they will be hardly audible, just because their tail in LTP is sooo long ;

but - mismatched fets can result in non equal current sharing between halves, further resulting in some resistors hotter than other.

I didn't say that I succeed in "making a BOSOZ not work" ..........

crazy danske

:clown:

anyway - with jleaman is everything possible

Well, this far we agree :D

I really did my best to make a BOSOZ not work, in order to see for myself what I should advice people to do around here in Denmark.

So no matching mosfet's, mismatched passives, values a bit off here and there....and it still worked. That's why you had me wondering when you wrote BS :angel: I really did what I could, and it still worked :D

Magura said:
Well, this far we agree :D

I really did my best to make a BOSOZ not work, in order to see for myself what I should advice people to do around here in Denmark.

So no matching mosfet's, mismatched passives, values a bit off here and there....and it still worked. That's why you had me wondering when you wrote BS :angel: I really did what I could, and it still worked :D

Yaa,

you'll end up with mismatched voltages to ground before the output caps. At the worst, it will limit swing - I presume.

And then it won't drive a F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

Yaa,

you'll end up with mismatched voltages to ground before the output caps. At the worst, it will limit swing - I presume.

And then it won't drive a F4

Magura said:

Oh bummer, now I'll have to dry my eyes again :bawling:

Magura :D

it will - if you use it for F4 Mini for headphones ;

but - left earphone will be louder

:rofl:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.