Help calculating RC values for rectifier snubber

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've completed my a40 amp, and now have a nice little humming sound coming through my speakers - I've been thinking about this and concluded it would me much nicer to hear the music rather than "hhhhhmmmmmmm....".

I'm fairly certain I do not have a ground loop, so my next area to look at involves putting a snubbing circut in my bridges. I've found lots of references to calculating optimum snubbers here, and have reading through it.

My problem, however, is that I can't seem to add correctly - perhaps someone can help me out here: On the bottom of page 9 there are two formulas, one for Rs and the other for Cs. Trouble is, using the numbers in the articles, I cannot even duplicate the values in the example:(

For example, the article calculates Rs by taking the square root of (0.113mH/600pF) and gets a value of 471 ohms. When I take the root of (0.113mH/600pF), I get 0.01488!

I know I'm missing something stupid, like units conversion or something... Any help?

Thanks!
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.