My new Aleph-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my Aleph-2.

Attachments

• finish-3.jpg
    finish-3.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,270
Checked out the site but needless to say couldn't read a dang thing. Nice stuff though!!1 An iteresting thing was that there was a comparison between the heatsinks I used .......and the ones he used...but don't know what it said. Perhaps you could elaborate on that for me Yang....? Below is the layout and the sinks I used.
Thanks!
Mark

Attachments

• generallayout2.jpg
    generallayout2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 924
Yang!!!!!!!

Is the led RED?!?!?!?!?
You are going to pass-hell....:cannotbe:

Your amp looks very nice, could you learn some "highend" english vocabulary and explain it's sound? I was kidding, it seems that we'll be forced to learn chinese, anyway...

Congratulations!

Yang,
I didn't have much trouble mounting the TO-247's to the sinks....Although I hand wired my sinks, it did not take that long....a couple of hours per bank prehaps. Using the turrett terminals also made it extremely sturdy. Also, the horizontal positioning of the devices puts the actual semi chip location near the middle of the sink. I have to admit that these sinks work extremely well. See photo.

I think the results are probably better sounding than using the typical output device PCB. I am in the process of doing a couple of more changes to my 2's. First, I am hand wiring the complete PCB circuit on top of a 1/4" thick piece of copper plate using the turrett terminals that I used on the heat sinks. For what ever reason point to point wiring ALWAYS sound better...elimination of the board material itself, and the sometimes marginal copper traces, and complete elimination of the copper foil to solder joints.

I am also installing inductors in the PS to further eliminate the noise on the rails. Its pretty low now, but could always be better. I don't think there is much one can do with an ALeph 2 past this stuff....regulated supply perhaps, but I think the benefits on a class A amp of regulating supplies would be marginal, it may also limit the peak power available.

Attachments

• aleph2heatsinkdetail.jpg
    aleph2heatsinkdetail.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 404
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.