Adding a bias meter to Zenlite

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Would inserting a DC Ammeter in series with one of the bulbs be really bad for my musical mojo? I'd like to add a simple meter to my Zenlite.

Not a necessarily a watt/power meter - and yes, I realise it is a constant current design so monitoring current will be a little boring as the meter won't actually move. But I'd like to hear your ideas just the same. I've seen watt meters that use a rectifier at the output - why is this bad? I've seen the boos, hisses, and screeds, but never really got a good sense for why.

I think a meter would add that last little bit of muahahaha!

Thanks

Mike

/mike - listening to laurie anderson, big science for inspration

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That's spelled MuuuHahahaha

Adding some resistance (or a meter) in series with the
light bulb won't hurt a thing. You can also place a
meter across the Mosfet (with some resistance in series).

Don't forget the blue light.

pass/ - the original light was green, but Germans demanded
blue

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Spelling MuuuHahahaha

Airfare to Vegas: $180.00
Losing at the slot machines: $100.00
Hot dog at CES concession: $ 5.00

Finally getting Nelson Pass's autograph - priceless!

Thanks Nelson, and the spelling indeed appears to be correct!

/mike - has Ray Bradbury's autograph, Richard Feynman, now Pass...Life is good.

Attachments

• npauto1.jpg
    npauto1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 499
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It's the "Like Peanut Butter And Chocolate" white paper for the XA series amps & Nelson's business card. He also signed a copy of the 11/91 Stereophile. This was the issue where he was interviewed by Tom Norton and first eluded to his interest in single-ended solid state designs. He was a real gentleman, and even pronounced Muuhahahaha for my wife - in mad scientist fashion!

/mike - likes peanut butter, chocolate, and blue lights.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.