C1 and C2 in BoSoZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Gurus,

Will there be any problem if I replace C1 and C2 in BoSoZ circuit with 6.8 uF instead of 10uF.

Is there any impact on sound quality?

The reason being is that...it is a bit difficult to find 10uF film cap or any audio grade cap locally...

Has any one tried with different types/products? Which one is the best in your opinion?

Thanks,
RR.

Output caps

Hi Ruangrit,

Try to stay at 10u or even go a bit bigger. If you have a look at the X-BOSOZ thread there have been words saying you get better low frequency reproduction by using higher values for these caps.

I might be wrong to apply the susy circuit info directly to the original BOSOZ by Mr Pass, but it's worth a try.

JdeV and I compared sound between two X-BOSOZs, the one with 10u non-polarised metal film caps and the other with 47u non-polarised radial electrolythics. The 47u X-BOSOZ definately was better at reproducing the low frequencies.

My advice - try and see what happens and let us know.

Vossie:devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.