+/- in and out on the aleph-p 1.7?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the + and - are the balanced output, since the preamplifier is made on a balanced topology that you can use also as single ended configuration by shorting the - input of the pre.

For the board, i have designed it and it looks very nice...at least to me...but i still haven't gotten the chance to etch it....i will do it as soon as i'm done with the aleph ax board so that i can make both of them....i think in the next days i'll be done and ready to attemp at the etching of the boards.

Stefanoo said:
the + and - are the balanced output, since the preamplifier is made on a balanced topology that you can use also as single ended configuration by shorting the - input of the pre.

can you please explain what you meant by balance? Does that mean if I used a "balanced" topology, I need to 2 stereo PCBs?

also you have said "single-ended config by shorting the -in". do you mean connecting a wire from -in to ground? also does that mean I will ignoring the -out?

Thank you for the help

It depends!
You could have just one board for a balanced topology 2 boards 4 boards.
It depends, how the circuit was layed.

I use 2 bords: one per each chanel.

About single-ended, you connect the - input to ground and i think that your output will be + and - (- as ground) but i'm not super sure about this, better wait for more experienced guys's replies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.