Project update Aleph5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems to me that were going to be flooded with nice Aleph 2,5,x project in the very near futere.

Just some pictures of my ongoing project. I will probably wire everything up this weekend.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mike,

there are 2 tranny's 2x28V 500VA (amplimo/plitron); 12*10.000uF p/ch ;6xIRFP240 p/ch

All compartimets will be separatebly shielded with mu-metal (which I recieved today from planet10). There will also be a layer of mu-metal between the transformers to reduce parasitic working in the PSU

Connectors will be WBT's.

I have no idea what the final bias will be but have already installed a nice small pot for experimenting. Because the heatsinks are of a moderate size it will be near standard value

IT WORKS

One channel is up and running with only 9 mV dc-offset. That's not to bad at all ;) . I just powerded it up watch looked out for smoke which wasn't evidently there and just connected an old speaker.

Hopefully channel number two will go as smoothle as this one.

There is still a little bit of hum but the ground is still directly coupled and that will be thru a thermistor as soon as the other channel is up and running.

Ralph

I like the look. Do you have final pics yet? Hope the sound is growing ever more lovely.

The only insulators I found by Bergquist at Digikey were the 'sil pad' type, not mica (searched 'bergquist TO-247AC'). I did find the Keystone #4672 in mica, which is a bit too narrow, though. Note that the Q3 material is not an electrical insulator.

A quick (stupid) question: Are you using 14 ga bare copper from typical house wiring for the P2P bus between the 6 IRP's?

S.

I haven't got final pictures because I have to order back and top. I haven't desided how the front is going to be. The insulator's from bergquist are the K10 (partnmbr BER120-nd) and those will insulate just fine :)

It's definately not copper but silver ;) (when you want to build a nice amp that's the way to go, at least for me)

Ralph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.