aleph 1.7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking at some personal DiY sites and 1 thing I notice is the use of a microcontroller.

Can someone tell me if I really need it for the operation of the preamp?

for input selection I thought of using a simply switch. maybe the microcontroller does other things not related to input selection. i was thinking it probably does volume control as well. But I prefer the traditional volume control using a knob.

Thank you for the help :)

Hi

I built an Aleph P1.7 using a conventional volume control. It is a simple and fine pre amp.

However I then followed Nelson Pass suggestion - a new idea to me. I used resistors on the input to slightly attenuate the incoming signal and then added the volume control on the output. This works fine and improves the signal to noise ratio.

Don

AMV8 said:
Hi

I built an Aleph P1.7 using a conventional volume control. It is a simple and fine pre amp.

However I then followed Nelson Pass suggestion - a new idea to me. I used resistors on the input to slightly attenuate the incoming signal and then added the volume control on the output. This works fine and improves the signal to noise ratio.

Don

Hi AMV. what resistor value did you use?

also I am getting the impression that you are saying the microcontroller is not required?

Thanks for the reply

Hi

If you want to build an authentic P1.7 you will need to follow the full schematic of the P1.7 and build the circuit and the volume control and the input selector.

However as an alternative you can simply use the pre amplifier circuit and use a conventional switch to select the input you require and you can also use a conventional volume control. This is the route I chose

Don

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.