transformer al5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and now comes the grand great question... downscaling this wonderful (i once heard an original...) amplifier to one pair of irf244...is it possible? how much would this output? 20w, i suppose..or? would 64000uF of capacitance be enough in sucha case?
2nd q. ....do regulated supplies like..say the ML2 one (+/-32v) work in this???
3rd ...how much drive rms is required to drive them into full power?
:confused:

Geia soy Costiss!

Loipon,

Its very possible to do so, as far as you do not exceed about 40W on each mosfet, but in such a case i would personally build the ZenV4. I allready have both and my taste is towards the V4.
My aleph clone is about 30w and my V4 about 17W. At least on my tannoys 15 HPD the V4 is more musical although marginally less "bassy", but the mid region is super to say the least! Driving requirement is more than conventional amplifiers and you should have around 2 volts for full drive (on aleph about 1,5)but most modern preamplifiers will do that, I use a diy aleph L . The aleph transformer I use is a 680W toroid with split secondaries of 2X24Vac, under load the dc output is +/-27,5V and bias current 2amps in winter and 1,5A in summer. Willing to help you in any way(I know all local "hidden" sources), just email me panos29@yahoo.com

Regards,

Panos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.