Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

Hey, I'm in pretty good company here. Would you guys mind an off topic question?

he he, I didn't think so. I need a set of 15" drivers to accompany my altec 511/902 "drek" "squeekers". Aside from the altec 416/515, the JBL stuff, and the RCAs choky won't give me - any other options you may suggest? I feel like the JBL and Altec stuff has been priced out of it's value and I have a feeling I'm not going to see a 50lb package from Serbia.

so far a couple I have found:

1) an eminence built cast 15 that has been modeled to replace the Klipsch Cornwall woofer. Nice parameters, nice quality, good value and a great reputation with Klipschites.

2) this looks interesting - nice price too...

sorry for OT

:rolleyes:

gimme link to that KH intended Eminence,or just exact code ; I'm always interested in KH woofs ;even if mostly for Corner horn ......
then I can comment about difference between E and Usher.

what type of box you planned?
if Cornwall - that's plain ole good IB ,almost same as numerous Cinema screen boxes I saw in my life......... I have one in my garage , with old Tesla ARO ........AlNiCo 15" beast.....drek,I must find his brother somewhere......

Zen Mod said:

where is that residence exactly?

did I told ya already (?!?) - Mau 12 is also very good candidate for that dreky driver

Yes you told me, and I plan to build it. And some Aion-like. You know I have plenty of space in my room.

My residence is EXACTLY at the center of France (it is the center). Bruère-Allichamp-La celle (that the name - sort of crunchville mebbe).
There, I have a little house, a garden, a barbecue and plenty of good wine.
You are invited, no need to say.
But no TV (to watch the Tour).
:)

BTW : The ostrich is a blessing. Thx a lot.

gimme link to that KH intended Eminence,or just exact code ; I'm always interested in KH woofs ;even if mostly for Corner horn ......

No website. There is a guy over on the Klipsch forums that has eminence build for him woofers engineered with the same parameters as the early KH/LS/Belle/CW speakers. They aren't available from anyone else. All the heritage speaks basically used the same woofer- horn or no horn.

CW1526C cast frame.

FS is 26.3, Re is 3.36, VAS is 506.3 Liters, BL is 12.49, QM is 9.93, QE is 0.27, QT is 0.26. Sensitivity is 97 db. Coil is 1 mH.

Pmax is 150 watts. Xmax is 7.15 mm, MMS is 75.5 grams, Cms is 0.486 mm/N

EDIT : more info

what type of box you planned?

probably a vented ~5 - 6 ft3 BOX.

sorry for OT
I lied

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:

My residence is EXACTLY at the center of France (it is the center). Bruère-Allichamp-La celle (that the name - sort of crunchville mebbe).
There, I have a little house, a garden, a barbecue and plenty of good wine.

BTW : The ostrich is a blessing. Thx a lot.

that certainly be little less Crunchville when you start building all that ughhhly boxes ;)

Ostrich- ya're right - it's more like me than anything else ; even more Genius than previous Coyote Genius :clown:

mpmarino said:

No website. There is a guy over on the Klipsch forums that has eminence build for him woofers engineered with the same parameters as the early KH/LS/Belle/CW speakers. They aren't available from anyone else. All the heritage speaks basically used the same woofer- horn or no horn.

CW1526C cast frame.

FS is 26.3, Re is 3.36, VAS is 506.3 Liters, BL is 12.49, QM is 9.93, QE is 0.27, QT is 0.26. Sensitivity is 97 db. Coil is 1 mH.

Pmax is 150 watts. Xmax is 7.15 mm, MMS is 75.5 grams, Cms is 0.486 mm/N

EDIT : more info

probably a vented ~5 - 6 ft3 BOX.

this is one of the reasons ( besides ApexJr deals) why I sometimes feel need to live in States for , say, two months.......... ;)

just too far away from me ;)

tnx for info ..........

what's the price difference between Ushers and these custom Eminences?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
the eminence prices aren't published but they would be about the same as the ushers to my door...

ya know..........usher's pdf is sorta crippled in T/S param's ....... seems as safe bet to use these custom Eminence in Cornwall replica .........

damp your honkers ,made nice xovers and heaven is yooooooo'rs

;)

edit- feel free to use APT80 or bigger APT as super squeeks....... they're good enough .

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

sorry for the interruption (no I'm not)

OK, onward and upward with your voltage amp.:D

yup.....
but you owe us pictures of that ughhhly boxes ;

same as our friend monkey face ....... even if I'm curious how he will transport those little boxes from Fr to Au ....... railroad ....... or what .....

Zen Mod said:

yup.....
but you owe us pictures of that ughhhly boxes ;

same as our friend monkey face ....... even if I'm curious how he will transport those little boxes from Fr to Au ....... railroad ....... or what .....

Those pic's would probably be too ugly to post....!!!!
I am sure our little monkey-face-friend intends to keep those boxes in the summer-residence as staying inventory:D Man, every HiFi nutcase should have two homes:D :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

......... Man, every HiFi nutcase should have two homes:D :D

ya mean -
1.Mother's house,
2.Wife's house and
3.workshop.........

(and daughter's room ,too ;) )

:devilr:

your impressions of final :Pumpkin: schmtc ?

(even if you are ,after me and Oly , certainly most informed ;) )

edit:

seems that nobody "out" of off topic mob isn't interested :devilr:

I'm curious what Papa will say ........ but I have no intention to bug him with PMs ........

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Ohh, the final schematic is superb work, indeed!!! I can think of nothing to add/change. I will put one together as soon as possible. To tell you the truth: I think even NP is a bit amazed:)

seems that I'll embrace benefits of "needlepoint" protoboards this days, just to make final adjustments to shunt reg schmtc ;

after that , all pcbs will be finished soon ; ya know that you'll be ........not exactly beta tester,just because all beta testing is long time ago finished, but certainly beta builder ;

you can wait that long.......few weeks ,in fact.

edit:
for Papa- that's boiled water,fer sure :rolleyes:

editedit:

first album - Jethro Tull ...........good blues

The shunt-reg: I am sure that your shuntreg will make all the difference! I have listened to a shuntreg on several occassions, they sound great indeed!! An open and detailed soundstage like that, is nearly impossible to achieve without the shunt-reg!
NP, watch out;) The shuntreg really plays the music as it was supposed to!!

Steen:cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
The shunt-reg: I am sure that your shuntreg will make all the difference! I have listened to a shuntreg on several occassions, they sound great indeed!! An open and detailed soundstage like that, is nearly impossible to achieve without the shunt-reg!
NP, watch out;) The shuntreg really plays the music as it was supposed to!!

Steen:cool:

:Pumpkin:

crummy image

:Popworm:

Attachments

• dokle-vise-shunt.jpg
    dokle-vise-shunt.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,188
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

he he, change the name of the thread to "Here is a preamp that WILL DRIVE THE F4"

hu .......that's thing for our frightful Variac mod ( :cop: )

Mr. Variac........ can ya change this thread title to
"The Pumpkin -sister of Babelfish j - preamp that will take pants off of F4.......and much more off topic issues"

:clown:

feel free to check spelling and grammar :devilr:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
..that's thing for our frightful Variac mod ( :cop: )

First, I'm shocked, SHOCKED :hot: that you would refer to the
Great Variac without his personal "smilie" :

:captain: Variac

The most appropriate title might be:

"Drecky Babble-Thread Occasionally Interrupted by Off-Topic Discussions of a Pumpkin-Pre That Will Drive the Pants Off an F4 and your Sister, or power an Electric Chair If the Need Arises"

But, I will give you guys a promotional tip:

Keep It Short. If you Keep It Short you will get millions of Off-Topic Acalytes who will buy into your Mob, making you a millionaire, even possibly buying a board or two.

So, why don't you guys discuss this for about 10 pages and come up with a new, not obscene, title that incorporates the letters F4 and is no longer than the current title.

Variac
:captain:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Variac said:

First, I'm shocked, SHOCKED :hot: that you would refer to the
Great Variac without his personal "smilie" :

:captain: Variac

The most appropriate title might be:

"Drecky Babble-Thread Occasionally Interrupted by Off-Topic Discussions of a Pumpkin-Pre That Will Drive the Pants Off an F4 and your Sister, or power an Electric Chair If the Need Arises"

But, I will give you guys a promotional tip:

Keep It Short. If you Keep It Short you will get millions of Off-Topic Acalytes who will buy into your Mob, making you a millionaire, even possibly buying a board or two.

So, why don't you guys discuss this for about 10 pages and come up with a new, not obscene, title that incorporates the letters F4 and is no longer than the current title.

Variac
:captain:

:worship:

sorry ,Bwana, I didn't saw that personal eek character :bawling:

I like your interpretation of thread title even more :clown: - feel free to change it whenever you feel extreme urge to do that .......... :clown: :clown:

anyway- I know that all my efforts to became a millionaire are doomed pre hoc , so why worrying ......... (tnx for the tips !!) and this way is much more fun......... we make squeek amps and spks here too,not just eeny weeny preamp ........

:devilr: