Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw
to my fave dreky Altecs owner :
I have a pair of nice 811B honkies :D

to my fave monkey face :

first pair of Sonidos in proto Aion boxes is singing at my friend's Igor place ; feed from CD hdphne out to my ooold DIY MF A1 power amp (8W/ch of A class) ; Igor is thrilled.....and he heard more than one pair of good spks in life :clown:

to all : with one really minor change ( bias point for little bjt in middle CCS) Pumpkin schmtc is finished . PCB guru,also known as Oly , is on the move .

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
first and last time

full Pumpkin schematic - active part

shunt reg(s) in few days

Attachments

• konacno-oliw.gif
    konacno-oliw.gif
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,412
Zen Mod said:

to my fave monkey face :

first pair of Sonidos in proto Aion boxes is singing at my friend's Igor place ; feed from CD hdphne out to my ooold DIY MF A1 power amp (8W/ch of A class) ; Igor is thrilled.....and he heard more than one pair of good spks in life :clown:

HeHe,
Look what came with the post yesterday. :Pumpkin:

I'am very exited to share Igors thrilling experience.
Will be as soon as I reach my summer residence in France.:cool:
Manu

Attachments

• sonido2wb.jpg
    sonido2wb.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 995
Yes indeed. They seems to be very well made.
Thx for the recommendation.
Actually they look better than on the picture (delightfully transexual).
I plan this combo : Pumpkin-F4-sonido.
Manu.

Mpmarino : would the pumpkin be able to drive an F4, thats the question?:devilr:

my summer residence

Attachments

• bruere2.jpg
    bruere2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 928
Nice looking speaker Manu! I hope her tone is as nice as her looks.:)

Hey, I'm in pretty good company here. Would you guys mind an off topic question?

he he, I didn't think so. I need a set of 15" drivers to accompany my altec 511/902 "drek" "squeekers". Aside from the altec 416/515, the JBL stuff, and the RCAs choky won't give me - any other options you may suggest? I feel like the JBL and Altec stuff has been priced out of it's value and I have a feeling I'm not going to see a 50lb package from Serbia.

so far a couple I have found:

1) an eminence built cast 15 that has been modeled to replace the Klipsch Cornwall woofer. Nice parameters, nice quality, good value and a great reputation with Klipschites.

2) this looks interesting - nice price too...

sorry for OT

:rolleyes:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:
Yes indeed. They seems to be very well made.
Thx for the recommendation.
Actually they look better than on the picture (delightfully transexual).
I plan this combo : Pumpkin-F4-sonido.
Manu.

my summer residence

If you aren't sure that you need or like or can afford place for big horns for them (and that is without doubts best solution) , you can always pair them with Eminence Beta 15 ( dirt cheap in Serbia,at least) on OB ........ JamesD is man responsible for Quasar variant , so attractive for me ;

somehow I have doubts that :Pumpkin: can drive F4 ...........:hot: :devilr:

where is that residence exactly?

somehow I missed Tour this yr........ at least what I do on reg. basis - watchin' it on Eurosport.....

edit:

did I told ya already (?!?) - Mau 12 is also very good candidate for that dreky driver