Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
bump is bump.

I am finding that I probably want to build the pumpkin sooner. You had mentioned an error or two in the pcb you posted much earlier. If there were errors, could you be specific as to where they are? Maybe a tip where I could get the unobtaniumumum bugs? .............

poor ZM between crazy Yank and crazy Dutchie
:bawling:

anyway . .... that pcb haven't any mistake , at least not any in Oly's pattern ; mistakes were made on pcb vendor side....dunno , maybe just temp program glitch or something like that; it doesn't matter much, just because just 3 pcs are made,for prototyping.

in any case - that pcb is not good anymore,just because initial schmtc is not valid anymore, and pcbs were made for it ; there are few radical changes in schm, so pcb also need radical change .

also- my goal was to make Pumpkin with non- unobtaniumumumumumum bugs ; if you check - you'll probably find all parts in first Tobacco store ( say my hello to Harvey , anyway ).

I made both Pumpkin main and reg schematics published ( here, where else) ; I'll not share pcb patterns , just because I intent to became dreky Crez selling them .......... :devilr:

(tip: rest of story can be concluded via PM)

jacco vermeulen said:

During an arguement with the g/f yesterday, i noticed she was heavily biased when she caught fire.
To improve my chances for pole position at the 2007 diyA Twit election, i decided to put NP on my ignore list.

Btw, who are you talking to, Mark ?

you lost me there............

:clown:

Ah, you ran out of beer too, eh hoser.

I'm told some folks now use magnesium fuses in their amps.
Very contemporary, give both a visual and a sonic warning when the amplifier goes into protection mode.

Attachments

• ccic.jpg
    ccic.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 689
Btw, who are you talking to, Mark ?
Yeah, I wasn't clear was I? I was talking to Choky primarily but appreciate reply from any one of you guys.

poor ZM between crazy Yank and crazy Dutchie
Not severe enough - who else can I send over here ....:devilr:

I'll not share pcb patterns , just because I intent to became dreky Crez selling them ..........(tip: rest of story can be concluded via PM)
Whatever your reasons - they are respected...

I'll wait :apathic:

you'll probably find all parts in first Tobacco store
none of those left here either!:bawling:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

none of those left here either!:bawling:

what?

you at least saw Harvey?

anyway- J309/310 aren't rare ,at least in Europe

same for LM thingies

for little BC critters use whatever you have in drawer ........

so- my plan is to sell combos in which you can find these goodies:

pcb preamp channel - pcs 2
pcb ± 36V ser/shunt reg - pcs 2
J310 matched pair x 2 (so- 2 + 2)
BC546C matched pair x 2 (so- 2 + 2)
J310 (CCS for led string ) kom 2
LM336Z-5 - pcs 4
BF245C - pcs 4

all that ( or just ?! ) for 100E

in price is included worldwide shipping

pcbs - two sided ,blue stop lack ,white overlay

as I told ya before......... PM ..........

Magura said:

Vix married ?? My concolences :bawling: yet another fruitfull diy life gone down the drain :smash:

Magura ;)

Zen Mod said:

July 1. was D-day..........

:rofl:

I was told not to worry, there are worse things than that ...
:D

Then there is a joke: " You know, marriage is like a can, on top it is filled with honey, and then the rest is sh*t"
And a married guy replies: "Oh, I must have reversed the can when I opened it, I have not reached to the honey yet!" :rofl: :rofl:

Vix

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Cascoded Current source

MRupp said:

Sorry, what I meant was that you could cascode the main current source of your supershunt-reg. Since you have about 10 Volts across it (46 --> 36) you should have enough headroom to do so. This would substantially increase the bandwidth and the impedance of the CCS.

you're right , but with ~ 150mA per leg I was in situation to choose between even greater overkill or schematic not too much critical regarding parts .

nice bjt (easiest choice for lower element in cascode) is not easy to find for that current ............ or is it........ ?

really depends of type of CCS you choose

but- like I always see from various Papa's schmtcs ............ some things are nothing less than compromises, some things are more than good when they're "good enough"

Magura said:

My concolences :bawling: yet another fruitfull diy life gone down the drain :smash:

Being married myself, I'm here to tell you that if you get the right one the DIY stuff gets better, not worse.
Kids, on the other hand, can take a few hours out of your day.
It's my understanding that one of my JFET customers has daughters who help him with his projects. Perhaps I'll get to that point in a few years. For now, all the energy flows one way: Out of me and into the kids.

Grey

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
GRollins said:

............. For now, all the energy flows one way: Out of me and into the kids.

Grey

but we know that you know that we know that you know that is in fact more than enough better than that.............
like a :yinyang: ........

hehe- take it as purely graphical illustration , not as a sign of my religious blindness.... I don't have any ........ (blindness or religion ? :devilr: )

GRollins said:

Being married myself, I'm here to tell you that if you get the right one the DIY stuff gets better, not worse.
Kids, on the other hand, can take a few hours out of your day.
It's my understanding that one of my JFET customers has daughters who help him with his projects. Perhaps I'll get to that point in a few years. For now, all the energy flows one way: Out of me and into the kids.

Grey

:yes:

edit: Yes, it's so true. I found that I'm most affected in that I now have great difficulty in learning something new outside of paying work. For example, I would love to teach myself to design a nice pcb layout. Prior to kids I'm sure it would have been fairly simple. But now, time is so fragmented and focus is so blurred, it's near impossible. :bawling: