Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4 - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2007, 10:22 PM   #101
steenoe is offline steenoe  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen Mod

it's alive

That was a long post with few words Where is the picture
A monster it is, being capable of 70 volts outputswing The F4 will surrender at last
Old 28th June 2007, 10:28 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by twitchie

Can I join the OT mob? I don't have a green button and I'm not a transsexual yet, but I do like BBQs and skinny legs

At the risk of exposing myself as a stoopid newb, is this a power supply? I think sister's are great (especially other people's sisters), and I have a FISH under construction, so will I need a Pumpkin?
I am not sure about joining the mob, but yes its a powersupply AND a preamp My guess is that the preamp is the Pumpkin The powersupply kinda popped up later to feed the Pumpkin.
You will probably not excactly need a Pumpkin to drive a Fish, but I am sure it will be great at it

Steen
Old 28th June 2007, 10:33 PM   #103
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Default Re: The Pumpkin - sister of B'fish j

Quote:
Originally posted by jameshillj
Hi Alek,
I would suggest to leave the o/p caps off the pcb - many of them are big and just take up blank pcb space - bipasses can easily be fitted later if desired/required.
I would also suggest the common practice of adding a resistor to parallel the WR2 to reduce the 16 mA current through it or perhaps a "slave" transistor for the job, etc ....
.... and perhaps a small cap across those "green zeners"!

regards ... jh

well .........same opinion as steen's regarding output caps ;I'll leave that issue to Oly Mag- he will decide - without caps or just places for two 10/63 Wimas
resistor in para with WR2.....OK,but just mebbe (it's just 0,01W in worst case) ; transistor as slave - definitely not.
caps across the greens - they aren't needed.

Quote:
Originally posted by steenoe

I think that the layout posted earlier on page 1 is a good one. Its flexible enough to be used for "smallish" filmcaps or BG nonpolar's. If one wants to use big output caps, they can easily be wired offboard using the connection points on the board.

steen my man- on that layout you can't find any output caps . mainly because Oly dreamed about DC coupled version ; I know already then that it's not possible . not if you have just upper part of UGS core.

and that's it - nothing more or less......even if I tried , I just can't move away from bloody UGS, if I want simplicity . what I have as options is to overcascode (as Oly's Papa Curl) or to........ I don't wanna mention.......

so- or just place for Wimas ,or even without..... so even Magura San can place his Russian beer can caps ........
Old 28th June 2007, 10:37 PM   #104
Manu is offline Manu  Europe
diyAudio Member

I would vote for the Wimas.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:39 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by twitchie

Can I join the OT mob? I don't have a green button and I'm not a transsexual yet, but I do like BBQs and skinny legs

At the risk of exposing myself as a stoopid newb, is this a power supply? I think sister's are great (especially other people's sisters), and I have a FISH under construction, so will I need a Pumpkin?

ok - you can join the mob; I presume that I'm enough qualified to say that,as invisible and humiliating man,with all sorts of other qualities,so needed in this place

power supply - not yet tested : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...21#post1237721

working Pumpkin :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...35#post1243235

steen sez about needing Pumpkin for Fish;

If ya wish to drive it balanced,why not ; Susy is Susy,even if Fish isn't Susy
Old 28th June 2007, 10:45 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:

That was a long post with few words Where is the picture
A monster it is, being capable of 70 volts outputswing The F4 will surrender at last

picture.........just imagine any of previously posted photographs, but with several parts flying in the air, led bargraph from some dreky cassete deck hangin on two tiny wires and also several missing parts ...... my already known overwhelming style

btw- nobody from mob sez anything for to be follower or not

there is also good place for offfffff topic babbling..........hehe......as any other place
Old 28th June 2007, 10:49 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Zen Mod

picture.........just imagine any of previously posted photographs, but with several parts flying in the air, led bargraph from some dreky cassete deck hangin on two tiny wires and also several missing parts ...... my already known overwhelming style

btw- nobody from mob sez anything for to be follower or not

there is also good place for offfffff topic babbling..........hehe......as any other place
Sorry, just returned to the forum after a busy time Ya know, life has an annoying tendency to interfer with our interests
Old 28th June 2007, 10:54 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Quote:

Sorry, just returned to the forum after a busy time Ya know, life has an annoying tendency to interfer with our interests

yes- I know
I wait more than 24hrs between last instrument test and this sound test of Pumpkin ; in meantime I worked on more things than I even like to think

CRO amplitude test tomorrow ; seems that is final time to implement that dreky square wave converter in my old trusty Iskra gene..........
Old 29th June 2007, 01:48 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

When my -at the time- six year old son was sitting in the barber's chair he noticed the unique wall clock in the mirror- mounted behind him. The clock was completely backwards so it could be read while looking in the mirror. My son quickly asked the barber "Does that clock go tock-tick?"

genius
Old 29th June 2007, 02:20 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mpmarino
When my -at the time- six year old son was sitting in the barber's chair he noticed the unique wall clock in the mirror- mounted behind him. The clock was completely backwards so it could be read while looking in the mirror. My son quickly asked the barber "Does that clock go tock-tick?"

genius
It's because his mind hasn't been molded by life and tv and the world around him fully yet, so it is free to see things and ponder in ways we have lost the ability to do

My nephew was asking his dad for (candy) money once when he was about 3 and his father replied he had no money cause he just bought a house. My nephew then comes up to me and asks me if I have any money and I replied I had none either, so he then asked me

"why? did you buy a house too?"

Sometimes so complex, sometimes so simple

Kind of like this place

My F4 is running, so I'll use Pumpkin to drive it - my Fish is not mounted on heatsinks yet ...

mpmarino, did you ever get those F4 boards stuffed? Veteran says the jfet is backwards on one side - I haven't flipped mine around yet

Hide this!Advertise here!