Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Yes the schematics looks really great. May be I find the time to make a proto before I leave. :cool:
Thx ZM, thx a lot.

Zen Mod said:

same as our friend monkey face ....... even if I'm curious how he will transport those little boxes from Fr to Au ....... railroad ....... or what .....

Thats no problem with my car. (Renault 25 - larger inside as outside :devilr: )
I fill the car with the boxes, and then I fill the boxes with all the unnecessary things I want to take.
See attachment. Just imagine the boxes instead of the bread. The procedure is the same...:cool:

Attachments

• pain tgv_wb.jpg
    pain tgv_wb.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 955
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Manu said:
Yes the schematics looks really great. May be I find the time to make a proto before I leave. :cool:
Thx ZM, thx a lot.

Thats no problem with my car. (Renault 25 - larger inside as outside :devilr: )
I fill the car with the boxes, and then I fill the boxes with all the unnecessary things I want to take.
See attachment. Just imagine the boxes instead of the bread. The procedure is the same...:cool:

ya nutz!

:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
Warning!:att'n:

-on topic question-

How much current would a pumpkin draw per channel?

Will it drive an F4?

warning:att'n:

on topic answer .......

active part (actual preamp channel pcb) will draw around 2x30+5+15=80mA
buttttttttttttt:
CCS in shunt reg will be biased for 140-150 mA , and that will be exact amount of current per channel.add few more to that , in fact.... 160mA good enough for you?
count on minimum 2 x 50Vac /250mA xformer per channel , or
2 x 50Vac/500mA for both ; so- 50W xformer for dreky preamp,minimum .

F4?

what's that?

:Pumpkin:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
Thanks!

Concerning that fancy pants shunt regulator....;)

Is it absolutely necessary?

Is it responsible for the magic?

Could one get away with a pass style bosoz regulated psu - especially since one has a few kicking around?

P.S. Hey, where's the mob that want's this pre? Wait, I know..... You are on thier ignore list!

:devilr:

you don't need that fancy reg for functioning, but remember that you need two supplies, + and - 36V........

you can use pass style reg, fer sure......... :devilr:

I'm sure that you'll hear difference later,if you choose to make shunt regs, instead series ones.
as our friend Lucky Luke..........

mob......... if ya think on few lazy blood suckers and ego maniacs , guy like that blood sucker isn't capable to made Pumpkin without help of entire community even with pcbs ..........and to guy like this I'll never ever sell or give any pcb....
regarding ego maniac.......... nah....I already spent too much typing on first guy........

mpmarino said:
Warning!:att'n:

-on topic question-

Will it drive an F4?
With ease;)
I didnt hear an Aleph P yet, but I beleive it to sound a bit like the BoZ/BosoZ family, so my shot at a comparison with the Pumpkin is that the Pumpkin will have a more extended topend with better details. This will result in a better soundstage in both width and depth;) Together with an assumed silkysmooth pleasant sound (J-fet-signature!) that is reason enough to pick the Pumpkin:) But thats all just speculations on my part, until our man, ZM gets the pcb's on the road:cool:
The shuntreg has the effect of a thin curtain being pulled away. At least when I have used a shuntreg, it had an open and direct sound. Like its a bit less "fuzzy" sounding than whatever its compared to. I am surely gonna need a few extra shuntreg-boards.

Steen:)

Zen Mod said:

mob......... if ya think on few lazy blood suckers and ego maniacs , guy like that blood sucker isn't capable to made Pumpkin without help of entire community even with pcbs ..........and to guy like this I'll never ever sell or give any pcb....
regarding ego maniac.......... nah....I already spent too much typing on first guy........

That was one of the weirdest incidents that I have seen here.
Kinda like a mad dog, biting off the hands of the one that feeds it:confused:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
With ease;)
I didnt hear an Aleph P yet, but I beleive it to sound a bit like the BoZ/BosoZ family, so my shot at a comparison with the Pumpkin is that the Pumpkin will have a more extended topend with better details. This will result in a better soundstage in both width and depth;) Together with an assumed silkysmooth pleasant sound (J-fet-signature!) that is reason enough to pick the Pumpkin:) But thats all just speculations on my part, until our man, ZM gets the pcb's on the road:cool:
The shuntreg has the effect of a thin curtain being pulled away. At least when I have used a shuntreg, it had an open and direct sound. Like its a bit less "fuzzy" sounding than whatever its compared to. I am surely gonna need a few extra shuntreg-boards.

Steen:)

dunno......
I also didn't hear P, but I presume that xccswtf??! BOSOZ is pretty close,or even better with right physical execution;

P is sorta one stage (even if simetric) and Pumpkin is certainly two stage affair.

lookin at later Papa's preamp characteristics , they are certainly sorta UGS-ish (full X (up-down & left-right symetric ) or just half X (Half UGSish) simetric , like I made Pumpkin , so they must be at least two stage also;
I expect that Pumpkin isn't worse than P :devilr:

better............ fer sure - with shunts.

I'm sure that you'll hear difference later,if you choose to make shunt regs, instead series ones.

Yes, I certainly believe you that it's better - I just need to get my brain around how it works. Also, it would turn a 1 year project into a 2 year project (I have lots of time at the PC- little time in shop); but it looks like an ideal upgrade path...

Steen:) please feel free to ignore my F4 and AlephP questions :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

Yes, I certainly believe you that it's better - I just need to get my brain around how it works. Also, it would turn a 1 year project into a 2 year project (I have lots of time at the PC- little time in shop); but it looks like an ideal upgrade path...

Steen:) please feel free to ignore my F4 and AlephP questions :)

bbque,beer, now rcf boxes ............

will answer later tonight........