Jfet BOZ

Your only 20 years ahead of me in the race called life, he he.

""Pacific " preamp"? don't know what that is, care to enlighten or is it one of those things I should use the magical search button for, or that I should know as an "audio guy".

BTW, I get to play a little today since it is the weekend, I will see what all I can do. Parts are running a bit thin, time to hit up Mouser and Digikey again.

Cheers
James

I am thinking about using a LithiumPolymer-Accu as PS for the JFET BOZ. The values are 18.5V or 22.1V and 2.2 Ah. What do I have to put between the accu and the BOZ. Only a voltage regulator or some caps too?

How long will the JFET BOZ play with two 9V blocks?

I am using standard alkaline cells. I have gone through several sets of batteries because I have forgotten to turn it off. 4 year old grabs your hand and drags you out of the room. You come back in 2 days later to listen no pre-amp. With that, my first set lasted a couple months before I stated to notice increased distortion at volume.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:

Le Pacific is a JFET/BJT/Tube hybrid, google for bonavolta.ch

(Zenski is younger than me AND a relic, there's hope for me yet)

:whazzat: :whazzat: :devilr:

Attachments

• pacificriaapre.jpg
    pacificriaapre.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,887
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
Oops again, me confuse with the Hiraga Pacific.

(btw, you'd like Mr. Walther)

btw - there is one for ya , bloody millionlinguaboy :

( :clown: )

http://ndaviden.club.fr/index.html

looki lookie for L'Audiophile scan cds ;

40 heuristick greenies will give ya ultimate virtual pleasure .........

I'm sorta shilly shally ....... frenchie isn't even my last Engrish ....... ;)

Hmm... something else simple I may have to build up. It bears a passing resemblance to the JBOZ. I am about an hour and a half from home and will be for the next few days so I can't tinker at all:( Though I ordered some parts for the JBOZ and it's power supply that, with a little luck, will be on my door when I get home. It's coming along with some parts for a 300B monoblock build that is my long-running summer project. That is if I don't get side tracked with something like a Aleph-J or JFET buffered Zen V.4. Thanks a lot Master Pass, with this simple circuit you have gotten me hopelessly addicted to JFET's! I never knew a JFET in a simple circuit like the JBOZ could sound so amazing. I might have to give it a try but I have a feeling that a single BJT will not sound as good. Of course it could be that little bit of Zen magic that makes it's way into every Pass design, turning the ordinary into something very very special. At least my JFET addiction will be a little bit cheaper to feed compared to my tube addiction.

BTW I have a small stock of old 2N4220 JFET's that I might give a try in this amp, any thoughts. They are in little TO-72 cases with a fourth pin to ground the case. My dad used them in the industrial work that he did, they where for very sensitive low-level signal inputs. I guess I will just pop them in and fire them up, test it the old and fun way.

Cheers
James

JBOZ PCB

Here is a simple layout for a double mono JBOZ, battery power of course. The circuit is based on Nelson’s schematic.

I started working on a Vero board but layout wasn’t to my liking so decided to do this one.

If any one interested on a 1:1 etching file just PM me

Attachments

• jboz layout pcb.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 770