Balanced zen line stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Are you using IRF610?

Its max junction temperature rating is about 150 deg C. So, in my case, I use them with max in-service heat sink temperature at about 70 deg C which might mean the junction temperature at about 75 deg C. Assuming my temperatures are acceptable, if I compare my sink sizes to yours, mine have wider surface areas.

For you to get better replies, I think you need to measure your sink temperature and post it.

:darkside:

hcbonfim said:
Nice photos Jaac !!! I am using rubycon za im my aleph 3(not finished yet) also.
How your alephs sound with them. I think you are using Rubycon za also.

hcbonfim

thanks ruby's ?? where ?? no in my aleph i use panasonics as main caps and also the low esr caps in the amplifier itself. And for the sound i don't know tonight I go to my friend and I will complete the amps, the settings for the currentsourse where incorrect.

gr Jaac

hcbonfim said:
Hi dear, i am finishing my BZLS and i need some help. I am using
2 psus. The psus heatsinks get too hot, do i need to increase
the heatsinks even using 2 psus, one for each chanel ?

Link
http://diyaudio.fotos.net.br/
sonny246

Best regards

hcbonfim
To get back to the question: How much voltage are you feeding the psu's with? The psu fets often runs quite hot (depending on the excess voltage they have to burn) and your heatsinks seems a little on the small side.

Steen.

Joined 2006
Hoping this info useful . . .

I often use the used piece of aluminium plate as a heat sink.
The example is shown in the picture.
Four IRF610 dissipate heat about total 5.5W.
I have sink temperature at maximum 65 deg C.
I assume the temp rise is about 40 deg C above room temp.
So the sink has thermal resistance of about 7.5 deg C/W.

Attachments

• zeny-08 picture inside.jpg
    zeny-08 picture inside.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 405
Joined 2006
It's a chocolete selector.

Size is somewhat big as a result that I just wanted to use the wood box wandering around. The front side is made of copper-clad Epoxy board while the back side is of Phenol board. To reinforce the strength in thickness direction, I doubled Phenol boards with glue. On innner side of the back panel, the copper-clad is used as a ground plane.

Attachments

• source selector.jpg
    source selector.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 337
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.