A great story...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sometimes something really wonderful happens as a result of this forum. Someone gives completely of himself or herself, total altruism. I thought I would share just such an experience.
I have struggled over the last few months to finish a ZV9. Something I could not quite put my finger on kept shorting the one channel. I lack the experience to troubleshoot and as a result I felt like I was chasing my tail. As soon as I would correct one thing, I would see smoke somewhere else. So I posted a thread, asking no begging for anyone’s help. What I needed was for a kind soul to take my amp, pull it apart and help me finish this project. Within 24 hours Stuart Easson had offered his help. I shipped my amp down to him in Santa Cruz (I live in San Francisco) and he diligently and patiently pieced it back together. Yesterday I went down to visit him and behold my fully functioning amp. Today ha been blissful, a singing ZV9
It is these sort of generous offers and kind help that make DIY worth it.
Three cheers for Stuart. Thank you

skidave:
The display is part of the digital receiver, an off the shelf product purchased called the Squeezebox 3. I just pulled it out of the orginal casing and then fed it into the DAC. I described the project in this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88212&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

bongo99:
I use Valley Plating (491 Perry Ct, Santa Clara, CA 95054 (408) 988-5502). They do good work and don't charge minimum set up fees like a lot of other shops. You need to be clear in describing the work i.e. clean and etch all surfaces before anodizing. Also tell them it is for a finished product. I usually ship my parts down. The turn around time door to door is usually a week.

Good luck

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
neil_kaye said:
iweb it is
A note for all those liking the look of Neil's site.... iWeb is software that comes with Macs that is aimed at making web site creation easy for someone who doesn't want to know much of anything about web site creation. Good on you Neil for the excellent example of how this tool brings power to the people.

dave
planet10/ who can never resist a little bit of Mac Evangelism

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.