New heat sink group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sorry to here of everyones disapointment with the last group buy.

I've been in contact with a rep for MMmetals about a sink I wanted to use on my Aleph 2s.

Have a look and add to this thread if you're interested. I live in Houston, Texas. (shipping considerations)

http:/www.mmmteals.com/extrusions/drawings/mm11645.ipg

Sorry, I'm still learning how to post

http://www.mmmetals.com/extrusions/drawings/MM11645.ipg

Wow. it took me 5 tries to make that work. back to my pitch

My current price is $500.00 for a 12 foot stick of this profile. That works out to about $3.50 per inch. If I can finf a few people interested, I think I could work that nomber down. I can cut custom lenghts (+- 1/64 inch), package and ship. Cutting the finished product will leave a nice mill finished end instead of unsightly tong marks.

If anyone is interested, post here with a count and length by Friday so I can work the rep and get a better estimate on the final price.

My plan is to use 2 sinks on each side 10" tall and drill a small hole in between each fin midpoint up to act as an exhaust for a small quiet fan in the rear of the amp.

O.K. lots of people have looked, but no posts. what's wrong. Nobody likes the extrusion? Price too high? (It'll be considerably less with a few other buyers)

My feelings are hurt. I just want to help and be a part of this communuty.

I hope to order Monday for myself unless someone else wants to join in. If others want a different extrusion, I'm sure we can mix it up.

At least tell me plss off.

Thanks

Thanks for trying Brian!

If I was living over there, I sure would join in for a buy.
To have some good heatsink at home
is gold worth! :)
Makes you feel a rich man ....

To be able to buy a "full lenght profile"
makes half the price something. (at least here in Sweden)
But the problem is the lot of money
you have to spend at that instant time.

/halo - appreciate initiatives like Brain's

No thanks I don't want any cheese with my whine.

I reread my post and didn't consider that my dear readers couldn't see my tonge in my cheek from just what's written in the post. I don't feel abused, used and down trodden(beware possible spelling errors)

Just so you don't think I'm a fruitcake and fear dealing with me

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.