Improving on X-BosoZ to mate the F4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

No need to hurry, take your time.

Voltage of zener D1 is 6,8V.
Positive rail is 60V, negative rail is 20V.

Steen:)

looking at schmtc you mentioned few posts ahead:

increase R1,R6,R7,R2 to 5K6~6K1

increase R8 to 120~140E

increase (for A=10x) R19 and R18 to 100K (that's 10x R14,R15)

in fact -everything as Mr. Metalman sez........

mebbe you can put 10E in each Jfet source, but that's not must

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
for my pal steen ;)

and others......

something for print

Attachments

• steen.jpg
    steen.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,089
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Nelson Pass said:
Looks like that would drive an F4....

:cool:

that certainly will.....even if I have some doubts with sissy 10 mA trough IRFs.......but-quick'n'dirt........

anyway-I'm I boring (as always ) or you just miss
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1194248#post1194248

just disregard last sentence about toob OPTs :devilr:

point is .........I'm OK with currents in schmtc from (?) :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1194147#post1194147

now I'm back to drawing board..........inventing susy with just one jfet :darkside:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
Nice work Choky,

isn't the arrow (gate) for the sk170 on the wrong side?

:)

:headbash: :Pinoc:

hehe.........cut'n'paste in paint can be tricky sometimes..........that's why I still prefer hand drawing and scanner ;)

btw-look again on same schmtc and you'll see that I just invented drain-degeneration ;)

here we go again

edit........

it seems that schmtc from http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1194147#post1194147

is worth something , even if I drew it with hand ;)

I'll not build it ,fer sure.........but I realy think that is worth trying,mebbe with some small polishing

Attachments

• steen.jpg
    steen.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
Much better looking still.

Maybe Blues can run a simm and let us know how he sees it.

Got an itch with only 1mA for the bias zener, isn't that on the low side? :)

now you really want me to reinvent entire XCCSSCHMACKWHATEVER XBOSOZ.....? ;)

that was original value in -which one's was- schematic........ I even pull out one redundant zenner string.......
anyway-I havo no handy data for that LM right now..........and I'm too sleepy to download it in this moment

hehe-just to make steen mad.....that preamp is anyway last years snow........(literally translated from my native) :devilr:

edit........just have look at LM data....it's OK from 100uA

Good news:D The X-BosoZ rocks again:) Raising the gain to 19dB was excactly what was needed. The -OUT is connected to GND now also, but I am not sure how much that has to do with it.
Nonetheless, the BosoZ is a great mate for the F4 now and its a very good combination. Very dynamic and can play really loud.
There isnt even any noise to speak of. Just the slight mosfet-hiss, with the volume pot at full throttle (no signal ofcourse)
I am a happy camper again. Thanks Terry:) Actually it was a big releive to have this sorted out.
Thanks a lot for the schematic Zen Mod, I will take a close look at it later this evening. I just surfaced late this afternoon after having been to 2 blues concerts yesterday, funny how an overdose of blues gives you a fuzzy head..he-he I saw 2 local blues bands and Mr Ike Turner and the Kings of Rythm. His new "Tina-clone" was a true tornado, she even broke her shoes when dancing around:D
I am looking for a scope and tone generator right now and found this which is for sale used: Tektronix TDS340A Will that be good enough? The option 14 is installed so it can connect to the pc and more.
The guy with the scope also has this Phillips PM5191 function generator for sale, see pic. Would those two be a good investment and fill the needs?

Attachments

• func_gen.jpg
    func_gen.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 847
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
............. Will that be good enough? The option 14 is installed so it can connect to the pc and more.
The guy with the scope also has this Phillips PM5191 function generator for sale, see pic. Would those two be a good investment and fill the needs?

looks good enough for me ,even if few functions of that scope looks overkill for me .........except if you like to share scope captures with sick ppl on forums :devilr:

just gooooooo for it

:worship:

edit-did you just change CLG or you also put jfets in BOSOZ?

to me seems that first only,but I must ask......

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
I have only changed the gainsetting for now. The next step will be the J-Fets. I am really looking forward to hear how that turns out. Maybe tomorrow.

Steen.:)

Edit I guess it wont be necessary to heatsink the IRF610's with the lower currents?

yeah!

heat them....... 0,5W isn't much,just to keep them warm enough ,without heatsinking.......

btw-have you any wishes or complains regarding other one schmtc....?

steenoe said:
Good news:D I just surfaced late this afternoon after having been to 2 blues concerts yesterday, funny how an overdose of blues gives you a fuzzy head..he-he I saw 2 local blues bands and Mr Ike Turner and the Kings of Rythm. His new "Tina-clone" was a true tornado, she even broke her shoes when dancing around:D
I am looking for a scope and tone generator right now and found this which is for sale used: Tektronix TDS340A Will that be good enough? The option 14 is installed so it can connect to the pc and more.

You get to hear at your place what we dream over hear, would love to have some of those bands arround onece in a while.

Those Philips gen. are very good instrument with lots of functions that could be nice to have some times and is much more than a basic.

On oscope Tektronix is the way to go, if you search you will find several threads describing them and what should be the minimum requirement for DIY audio.

General consensus is that an analog oscope is better than the newer digital instruments, so a series 22xx or 24xx (newer) are the ones I would look for, speeds of 20 MHZ and up being 100 to 200 MHZ the most likely candidates. For ease of use there are some models which will display in Hz ore Mhz the actual freq. shown on the screen which is very welcomed instead of times one have to calculate freq from.
:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.