Need help for finding bushing for irf240 and 9610

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Paulyang,
For the IRFP240 you don't need bushing if they are in TO-247.As for the IRF9610,when you mean for thight them together you can use a plastic bolt like Peter Daniel has done for my Aleph30.See
atachment

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 181
Here's what I did for mine:

I bought my Nylon bolts in the specialty bolt drawers of Lowes. The 9610s don't get *that* hot. Just place a TO-220AB SilPad between the 9610s and screw them together. This is Digikey part number BER175-ND and costs about $0.65 each.

For the TO247-AC packages, the center hole is insulated, so you can use a metal bolt (6-32 x 1/2") and a Bergquist SilPad insulator between the heatsink and the FET. These are Digikey part number BER178-ND and cost about 75 cents each.

I also applied a light coat of heat sink compound to both sides of the Silpad to increase heat conduction. Dunno if this is right or not, but it worked for me.

Bryan

thank you.....

i am searching on the internet to find plastic bolts for an hour.......0.0''

you really give me a good source...!!!ha....my town has Lowes!!...

thank you!!

BTW....can i use super glue to attach mosfet to heat sink? )

i am not talking about IRFP240.....
i mean 9610...0.0a

thank you

Paul

Hmm - never tried super glue for mounting components. I've seen specialty glue for mounting components to heatsinks. I've seen a nonconductive double-stick tape used for CPUs. To get the superglue to work, you'd have to be able to guarantee that the metal in the back of the FET isn't touching the heatsink in any place (leave a gap). That would make the glue pretty thick, and it'd probably not conduct too much heat away from the FET.

I just sandwiched the heatsink between the two FETs, insulated each FET from the heatsink, and mounted all together with a plastic bolt.

Bryan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.