Need help to choose good caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help to choose good cap`s

Hi all !
I`m starting to build SKA GB300D , my first serious audio project , and I need some help to choose right PSU capacitors.
I can get :
Mundorf HC 100x47000uF
Epcos B41456B9479M000
Vishay
EvoxRifa
Aerovox

Black Gate are too expensive, Epcos Cikorel - hard to get, but pepole are telling good about this cap`s...

It`s possible to go with stuff described above, or Cikorel / Black Gate
to get the best point ?

Any suggestions ?

" ... Mundorf HC 100x47000uF ..."

Assuming you mean that this part is 100 volt max rated, and your PSU has less than 65 VDC rails, then go for it. (I always use electrolytic caps with a voltage rating at least 150% of projected rail voltage, that way I can use any decent electrolytic without worry about a need for the more expensive stuff.)

Best advise, always use plastic snubbing caps across (parallel to) the PSU electrolytics = MKT (or polystyrene equal) are as good as they get without breaking the bank. Precision eyeballing = rule of thumb = 0.01% to 0.1% of electrolytic values works about right for g'ment work. Example: 20,000 uF electros could use plastic snubbers around 2.2 uF to 22 uF MKT / 150 volts should do it. :smash:

(There is lots of online articles about this. TI and Analog Devices engineers use close coupled plastic caps right across the power pins on op-amps in order to get those great specs. = 1000 uF on these op-amp PSU rails indicates usage of 0.1 uF (100 nF) plastic MKT ... results in reduced distortion numbers quite a bit better than expected.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.