Is there any Amp Design Books?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i have a few, but found D.Self and John Linsley Hood the best.
Completely different approach that forces you to compare what each is saying and make you think about their philosophies/design process.

I recommend both

D.Self, Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook , pub by Newnes, Butterworth Heinemann
J.L. Hood, The Art of Linear Electronics , pub by Newnes, Butterworth Heinemann. now out of print but someone is considering a reprint.

:cop:gmphadte, I removed the link to Self's book. If Mr. Self has given permission for that site to offer it as a free download, I'll restore it, otherwise I will remind people that authors have to eat and pay rent like the rest of us and this cheats them of the living that they earn. Worse yet, it creates a disincentive for more books in the future.

Hernanstafe, what kind of amplifeiers are you interested in?

For tubes, there is a 'sticky' thread on this very website at the start of the Tubes forum, "online tube learning..."

But

I can hardly believe no-one reccomended Morgan Jones' Valve amplifiers yet. (I looked through the thread twice, did I miss it?) It is the best "textbook" for tube amplifiers I've found, with a modern twist.

On that note you have to download the Crowhurst/Cooper book from pmillet's site. It's also very readable.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.