TINA Slow?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi richie00boy

I have no more Tina-TI installed, but the oscilloscope in my Tina7 don't show this nuisance : it is good working.

I remember that Tina-TI is very limited in performance. So don't expect a free lunch as they sell it ...

I am very happy :cool: with Tina7.

Best regards

rephil

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
richie00boy said:
The PSU I just used the battery component to get the voltage on the rails. I set no settings nor changed anything from default. Should I have done?

Even just putting the Voltmeter across the input sine source, the scope takes about a minute to draw one cycle of the 1kHz sinewave, about 2 squares of the 10 or so on the screen.

It can be very subtle. You really should show the circuit here.

Jan Didden

richie00boy said:
It's just an artefact of the export and that the pot legs are longer than resistor legs.

I had a look at the Set Parameters box and couldn't see anything that would really affect things except the transient timestep, but even that didn't look too bad.

Instead of an ammeter, try deriving the current by measuring the microVolts across a one microOhm resistor.

jackinnj,

Thanks for the tip. Why would that make a difference? Also, I was just using that to set bias current, the time domain analysis I'm not using it. Although I guess it still requires some processing.

rephil,

Wow you work fast. If you had asked I would have emailed you the file to save your time. Unfortunately the multimeter function works fine, it's the oscilloscope I'm having the problems with.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi richie00boy,

I have put the oscilloscope inside the circuit, it is fast too. I have no problem with it. The traces I have obtained where both related to VM1 and VM2. No other selection did I do.

I am sorry not to be able to help You more. :cannotbe:

BTW, right click on the writing AM1 and select the rotation you want. It is possible to get writings horizontals on your schematic. ;)

Best regards

rephil

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi richie00boy,

I am using the full Tina7 version. This one will also allow you to draw the open loop response of your amp using the Middlebrook method as hinted and suggested in the forum by Pedja and Mikeks. I thanks these true friends for this.

I did not change anything in the settings as I am not an expert. I have had also no need to do so as I have had until now not the smallest problem.

In what concern to send you the file, with your help, no problem it could be done. If still needed, how should I proceed ?

The transistor TIP29C has been substituted by the TIP31C in my schematics only because I did not download the model for it. The purpose was to check the functionality of Tina and not your schematics. The rest is the same as yours. Here is the schematics I have put in Tina :

Let me know.

Best regards

rephil

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,

there is no file attached. I try again.

Best regards

rephil

Attachments

• richie00boy1.jpg
    richie00boy1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 86
Ever figure out the problem? My TINA TI used to work fine, refreshing the oscilloscope quickly. Now it will randomly alternate between quick refresh and then suddenly s l o w r e f r e s h, taking many seconds to draw a single screen, then suddenly it snaps back into normal operation and draws multiple screens per second. I don't get it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.