***NAME this part...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
***NAME this tan rectangular part, the deformed one.
The card is from a CRT projection TV mitsubishi.
Not too sure if that part suppose to look like that or it looks like it about to explode.

Anyone know what it is and know where to purchase one, plz lmk.
104_5218.jpg

104_5212.jpg

104_5215.jpg

why would they even design it like it?

Why not ???? :confused:

In the seventies and eighties you could see a lot of hybrids that were looking this way.
I even remember a workmate who "repaired" one of these. Under such a protrusion was a defective transistor (in T092). He simply milled the ceramic material away and soldered a new transistor in place. This was just a provisional solution before he got the original hybrid as spare part.

Regards

Charles

Hi,

As it is made by TDK, it's probably some sort of filter, or L/C correction network or delay line. As said above, the chances it is defective are very low. Concentrate on active components and chemicals; that's probably where the trouble hides.
LV

Name this part... ok, Howard the Hybrid.

Yeah, they're just little hybrids, generally a ceramic substrate circuit with a few large parts where the bulges are. The 'melting residue' is probably wax, I've seen many that appear to have been dipped in wax, probably to help keep moisture out.
I'd be careful milling any type of ceramic, some of that stuff can be toxic if inhaled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.