Tivoli Model 1 FM aerial connector replacement ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have a Tivoli Model 1 in my kitchen. I use the external FM aerial which consists of a length of wire and a form of connector I have never seen before. It's similar to a Coax cable TV connector but bigger, it does not screw into place but push fits.

Anyone know what the name of this connector is. I busted the wire, and figure if I can get a new connector I can make a new aerial. The connector that came with it is sealed.

jives11 said:
Hi, I have a Tivoli Model 1 in my kitchen. I use the external FM aerial which consists of a length of wire and a form of connector I have never seen before. It's similar to a Coax cable TV connector but bigger, it does not screw into place but push fits.

Anyone know what the name of this connector is. I busted the wire, and figure if I can get a new connector I can make a new aerial. The connector that came with it is sealed.

OK problem solved.

I stared long and hard and realised that at the Tivoli end , the FM connector is the standard Satellite /Cable screw on connector (100Ohm COAX inserted into plug with copper core forming the central connector)

Tivoli appear to use a connector on the end of the Aerial cable which is big enough to push onto one of these connections without needing to screw on.

I dug out an old screw on from satellite TV and improvised with it, so R3 jazz requests now playing fine from my kitchen once again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.