Copper Chassis Manufacturer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

I now build all of my chassis from scratch and the metal supermarket is great , you just tell them the dimentions you need and they cut it for you and you just take it home and put it together ......

my last chassis was 19in wide , 6in tall and 10in deep and used 2mm aluminum all around accept for the sides which were 1/2 in thick and doubled as heatsinks , it cost me about $65 which was about 1/3 the price of a pre-built chassis ......

and yes the do copper accept they only seem to have certain thicknesses and it"s very expensive , like over $10 a pound .......

This one looks pretty good:
Aluminum Box Enclosure Case 13.39"*9.84"*2.54"(L*W*H)-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com
although it's not quite large enough for my application.

If this style was made just a little larger, say 12" x 15" x 3" it would be perfect. I'm sure you would sell quite a few of that size as long as folks knew that you had them.

With the face plate on the 15" side.

edit: Actually after thinking about that for a minute, the faceplate would be better on the 12" side. Easier to accommodate wood side panels if desired.

Also, anodized architectural bronze color would be a nice finish to offer.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.